Chapter 1

Hi, today my name is Deline. If you don't understand what I mean, let me set the stage for you:

     You're a teenager floating through time and space. You never stay in one life for long, you're lucky if you do. Two constants in all of your lives are you always end up at the Humboldt Collegiate Institute and that you are female. Or, you were born female. There was that one life where I was non-binary.

     Anyways, lately you haven't been born, per-say. You kind of just die and become reincarnated into a new life starting at the age of 14. You just get this girls whole life thrown at you.

     Back to my life today, I'm just starting High School after moving to Humboldt from Regina. Apparently my father wanted to move his company's base here so he tore me from my mother and moved us. Yeah, my parents are divorced. I don't even know anyone here! Oh, did I mention that I have a severe anxiety disorder? Yeah, Deline is going to have a great first day tomorrow.

     One upside of this life that I've never had before is that I have a pet dog! She's an Australian Shepherd and Cavalier King Charles Spaniel mix. Her name is . We got her before we moved here. She's got nice grey fur with a white chest and paws and a brown snout! She's adorable!

     My therapist, Emily Pinaci, who I won't be having sessions with anymore, helped me convince my father to get her. She said that it would help me cope with my anxiety. I sure hope she's right.

     Will I get a new therapist now? Will I just have to rely on Dusty? Or will I just have to go to the school councilor? Will I make any friends on the first day? Or will people just ignore me and assume I'm that weird girl who has a mental disorder? Will I have to talk to a lot of people?

     What is happening right now? Is this an anxiety attack? I don't know how to get out of one of these! How would you even calm yourself down from an anxiety attack? Is it even an anxiety attack? What if it's not that? What if there's something else wrong with me? Where's Dusty when I need her?!

     I need to end this explanation. I'll see you later. I need to see if I can find Dusty...

     What if my father took her for a walk?!