Chapter 09 | an abusive alliance

Holding my scampering heart in place, I crawled my eyes from his boxers up to his handsome face.

His upper lip twitched and he furrowed a brow at me.

His grin looked me in the face.

Then, with a sexy lip bite, he rubbed his hands seductively and swung his lip out of the bite.

"Hey, let me show you what you are missing."

His hot voice ascended the hollows of my ears as his hands descended to his boxer, pulling it out.

Oh! No!

Ellis Close your eyes.

Before his boxers could slip down his slightly curved legs, my eyelids closed in time and I clutched my eyes from his illicit actions.

My thoughts danced all over the place and I couldn't fight the urge of stalking him through my lashes.

His muscles puffed violently as he pulled a gray short-sleeve shirt over his torso and gray sweatpants hugged his waist down to his ankle.

"Welcome to your nightmare."

What?!

My eyes went wide.

My throat watered in fear as he raised a glass of liquor towards me and a bottle of champagne wiggled in his other hand.

Letting the glass dangle at the opening of his cursive lips, the liquor burned down his throat and a soft morn escaped his lips.

"Lisa, now that you are at my feet, I will make your life miserable. The insults you spat at me in public, I will make you swallow all your words and beg for forgiveness. . . for a very long time."

The poison in his words didn't trespass me without snatching my hopes away.

This heartless man in front of me, shot daggers into my eyes like he was expecting a reaction from me.

If he meant to break my morale, then he had succeeded.

"Where is the chatterbox who manned up to me and spat crap to my face? Because of you, dirty articles propagated around the globe, dragging my reputation and business into the mud."

He frowned and slammed his glass on the slab next to his bed.

I shrugged in my heels and darted my eyes from his angry stare to the flickering lights on the wooden floor.

He made me feel guilty for something I didn't do, he was referring to Elisabeth.

Viola!

He was the reason why Lisa ran from the wedding.

Oh!God!

Why did her grandma force her into marrying such a man if she knew his intention?

Or maybe she didn't know.

Did Lisa know?

If then, why won't she inform her grandparents about his plans?