Chapter 12 - Aid(en)(Court)ney

The last few days were extremely awkward. Aiden and I were still not talking and I wasn't feeling it too. Anyway it looked like he wasn't bothered by the change in our friendship as much as I was. Courtney and Aiden soon became the school's "It" couple and for some reason it affected me.

"Hey Andrea, I'm going over to Aiden's later! Wanna come along? Kasey and Shay are coming too!" Courtney chirped to me in the lunch queue.

She was completely unaware of what had gone down when I caught them making out, apparently Aiden just told Courtney that I was just shocked because I thought he was someone else.

Going to Aiden's house meant seeing Cole so I agreed to meet her after school.

During the last past few days Cole and I started talking on the phone a lot more. I knew that I had feelings for him, I just didn't know what to do with them. Some day I'd have to tell him what happened between me and Aiden, and it made sense why Aiden wouldn't want to share it with Cole. They were stepbrothers, and stepbrothers like them usually would have a relationship like me and Trinity.

But I was starting to develop even deeper feelings for Cole, we'd gone out quite a few times, much to Aiden's displeasure. But who was he to judge what I did?  If anything he was acting like a jealous boyfriend, which made me a little happy but I didn't want to think too far. Cole was almost perfect, I'd managed to break his bad boy exterior bit by bit, and revealed how caring and loving he actually was. Who knew? Maybe I could finally get over Aiden.

"Okay guys I have big news. Drumroll please.. " Courtney announced as she waited for our 'drumroll'.
"I made the cheer team! And Trinity said I was so good that I could have a chance at vice captain! I can't believe it!" Courtney squealed.

Kasey, Shay and I exchanged confused looks. Courtney took one look at us and her smile dropped.
"But Courtney, I thought you were more interested in softball?" Kasey asked her cautiously, as if afraid that her question would offend Courtney.

"I thought you guys would be happy for me! You-"

"Yeah but you see you never really showed any interest in cheerleading until well, you and Aiden became a thing. Are you doing this because you really love it, or because of the popularity?" Shay asked her, brows furrowed.

"Let's just let Courtney do her thing okay guys? I'm sure she enjoys cheerleading." I told the both of them, giving them warning looks.

"Exactly! Thanks Andrea you're the best." Courtney said.

"Well well well, if it isn't the awesome foursome." Said a familiar voice from the doorway.

Standing there in his half naked glory, was Cole Rivers himself.

"Hey Andrea." He greeted me and walked over and sat down next to me, casually resting his hand on my waist.

Their reactions were almost instantaneous. Shay slapped her hand on her mouth, Kasey nudged Shay not so gently, and Courtney just stared. Just then Aiden walked in, and his eyes landed on Cole's hand on my waist. His jaw tensed and he started breathing very heavily.

"Babe! I was just telling them about how I got into the cheer team!" Courtney stood up and gave Aiden a kiss on his lips.

"That's great cupca- babe." Aiden immediately corrected himself, his face turning red.

"Andrea could I talk to you?" Aiden asked me.

I jumped a little, startled at the sound of his voice. One that I hadn't heard in so long. Shay gave me a look that I couldn't decipher and Cole went rigid beside me.