Chapter 10 - Party Pooper

Chapter 10 – Party Pooper

Suddenly I was the talk of the school again for the rest of the week. It was funny how it was me, and then Aiden, and then me again. I didn’t mind the attention, really. Unlike when I first came in, the whispers and stares were clearly all judgemental, except maybe a few that were just curious. But now every time I walked down the hallway, I’d be stopped at least once by a few girls that I recognized but never talked to, saying what a great job I’d done the other day. There were even a few seniors who had congratulated me and told me how Trinity always thought she ruled the school. I responded to these with laughs and polite smiles, Aiden, Kasey, Courtney and Shay would walk with me. For a while I felt like Trinity herself, walking down the hall with some people looking at me with jealousy with the fact that they didn’t stand up to Trinity.

“Enjoying the attention, cupcake?” Aiden elbowed me playfully while we were stopped by another timid group of freshman, one of them thanking me for what I did.

I shrugged, I really didn’t know how I felt about it, I guess I didn’t mind it, but it was different. Besides, I had other things on my mind. For example, Kasey’s party! It was only a day away and I couldn’t wait for Saturday to come. Everything was going as planned and we just needed the guests to come by 12 that day. We’d given out the invitations and the ballroom we had rented was beautifully decorated and looked so much like a movie theatre, except better.

“Cupcake..”  I snapped out of my thoughts and glanced up at Aiden expectantly.

“Were you too busy fantasizing about me?”

I immediately flushed and glared at him.

“Stop being so self-centred, you’re not even that hot.” I wrinkled my nose at him, as if disgusted at his appearance.

“Oh, so you do think I’m hot. Even though I’m not ‘that hot’.” He smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes and walked ahead of him, but he grabbed my arm and I felt a familiar rush of tingles shooting up from where he grabbed it.

“Hey don’t go all Winnie-The-Pooh on me.”

Winnie-The-Pooh? Aiden how is that even like Winnie-The-Pooh?” I furrowed my brows at him.

“It was the only thing that popped into my mind, don’t blame me! I had no other way to describe what you did to me just now!”

“Yeah and what exactly did I do?” I asked him, folding my arms and staring at him determinedly.

“Uh saying I’m not that hot?” he said uncertainly before continuing more confidently. “And don’t even try and say I’m not hot, cupcake, look at how many girls are dying to be in your place right now.” He proved this by winking at one of the girls in my gym class, who immediately turned red and giggled as she whispered to her friend who then gaped at Aiden and then at her friend jealously.

I nudged him in the ribs.

“Don’t do that! You’re leading them on.” I scolded him.

“How do you know I don’t like Grace? She’s cute, did you see her in gym class? She looked so hot in those shorts.” Aiden said.

“Eurgh, perv.” I said before stalking off to Spanish.

“Hey wait up!” I could hear Aiden trying to keep up with me, all the way to class.

*

*

*

The next day was Kasey’s party, and I was so excited. Courtney, Shay and I decided to meet up two hours before the party to get ready.