Chapter 2 - New Girl

When I go back down in a fresh change of clothes, I make sure to avoid Luke for the rest of the night, I didn't want to end up wearing my soda again. Throughout the whole dinner I put on a smile and answered questions about my non-existent love life and about homeschool. I laughed at the right moments and smiled when I needed to. I wasn't a fan of these gatherings, especially if I didn't know the guests well. Finally the night was over and I could finally have some time to myself. I helped my mum to clean and wash up before walking up to my room, switching on the air conditioning and lying down onto my bed. Reaching over I grabbed my laptop from my desk and switched it on. I spent the next few hours watching my show on Netflix. After a while, I fell asleep halfway through watching Kurt and Blaine singing Somebody Loves You.

*

*

*

The next few days passed in a blur and in no time it was the morning of my first day of high school. I was so nervous that I felt sick and I had to take the bus to school since my black Honda Civic had been sent for servicing. I waited for the bus and boarded it. Once I got on everyone turned to look at me some just stared and whispered at me the whole bus ride and others simply just ignored me and continued doing their own thing. I felt so uncomfortable under their judgemental stares so I plugged in my earphones and started blasting my music the whole ride to school.

We finally reached the yellow and purple painted school, probably their school colours, and headed towards the school building. Quickly I headed towards the administration office to get my schedule register. As I walked through the parking lot, I got even more stares, and a group of girls wearing short yellow and purple cheerleading uniforms whispered as I walked past. I felt extremely uneasy but I did my best covering it with my face. I kept an unfazed look plastered on and continued walking towards the building.

"Hi, um, I'm Andrea Whitehorse and I was told I could get my schedule here." I told the lady sitting at the table at the front of the office. She looked up at me through her tortoise shell spectacles and began typing in my name on her ancient computer. After a while she gave me a tight smile and handed me some papers. I thanked her and walked off.

I looked at my schedule and it said that I had homeroom for first period for the whole year, followed by Chemistry I and AP Lit and Comp. I proceeded to my classroom. After five minutes of searching for my classroom I was almost ready to give up when-

"Hi! Are you new here?" a friendly voice asked me. I turned around and saw a girl about the same height as me with long blonde hair tied up in a ponytail and her outfit a simple shirt and skinny jeans.

"Yeah, I can't find my classroom." I said sheepishly and laughed.

"Oh no worries, here. You just go right down the hall and turn right, it's the third classroom from the left. Hope you like it here!" she chirped and handed my schedule back to me before joining her group of friends which consisted of a pretty brunette with olive skin and another blonde wearing a pair of jeans that looked like they cost a bomb. I walked by the directions that the girl gave me and opened the door to the classroom. All the students went quiet and stared at me. Tired of all the staring and whispers I glared at all of them until they went back to doing whatever they were doing before I came in. The teacher was in class yet so I picked a seat near the back where no one was sitting. Everyone started whispering again once I sat down but one look from me silenced them again.

"Oh my god, you would not believe what happened over summer break, Luke so totally likes me, I mean he practically asked me out six times. Don't look at me like that Rachel, of course I counted-" I looked up to see whose voice it belonged to and saw a girl who was extremely gorgeous. She had a flawless complexion, her eyes were aqua blue and she didn't have a single hair out of place. She stopped in front of my table and I attempted to give her a smile, her looks were quite intimidating. Plus she was wearing the cheerleading uniform.