Chapter 20 - Salt(zman) in the Wound

Chapter 20 – Salt(zman) to the Wound

A/N: Hi guys I just realised that Trinity hasn’t been mentioned in a while. So this chapter is actually just a little filler, and I also might be starting another book to include the other character’s POVs! I don’t really know yet school work has been really heavy and I’ve had quite a few tests recently so I’m very sorry!! I’ve seriously lost track of time and its really hard to update regularly. I’m very very sorry!! I hope you enjoy this chapter! :-) Picture on the side is Ashley Benson as Trinity Saltzman! xx

I flipped the pages of my textbook absent-mindedly, not really taking in whatever was inside. I kept staring into space and felt a small pinch across my finger. I looked down and saw blood dripping down onto my book. This could not be happening. I hated paper cuts. The blood that was oozing out of my fingertip started gushing out a little more and I felt a little light-headed. I quickly sucked the blood, wincing at the strong metallic taste that hit my taste buds.

“You really shouldn’t do that.” An unfamiliar voice remarked. I glanced up and saw Trinity standing in front of me. Her expression was unreadable. I raised an eyebrow and started rummaging through my bag one-handed, frantically looking for a band aid.

“Here.” I saw a small plaster being held out to me, I looked at Trinity cautiously and took it.

“Um, thanks.” I said hesitantly and unwrapped it before pasting on the wound. I noticed her still standing there and sighed.

“Don’t you have a class to get to or something?”

“Actually I wanted to speak with you.” I looked up, surprised.

“What is it?” I tried to be as civil as possible.

“I need your help.”

*

*

*

“She actually asked you to tutor her?” Shay and Kasey said, bewildered. I nodded mutely.

“Well, did you say yes?” Kasey prompted. I nodded again. Their jaws dropped.

“Andrea why do you have to be so nice?” Shay groaned and took a bite out of her sandwich.

“If she does badly just because I refused to help her do you know how guilty I’d feel?”

“You could’ve referred her to someone else! When are you starting the tutor sessions?” Kasey asked.

“Um starting Wednesday next week after school, that’s what we agreed on so far.” I told them and proceeded with pouring the balsamic vinaigrette over my salad, Shay wrinkled her nose at the sour smell and I laughed at her expression.

“But that means that we can’t go get our weekly bagel anymore!” Shay suddenly whined. Crap. I totally forgot about our ‘weekly bagel’ every Wednesday after school, I slapped a hand against my forehead and cursed myself.

“I’m so sorry you guys, I really forgot! I’ll go arrange a different date with her later.” I apologised.

“Nah, Shay has volleyball training on Mondays and Tuesdays, so do you. And the dance and cheer team have practise on Thursdays to Fridays, remember?” Kasey reminded me.

“I’m really sorry. I could cancel though, we haven’t started it yet so its fine.” I said uncertainly, feeling horribly guilty.

“It’s okay, we can do it after the tutoring, that’s fine right? What subject did she need help with?” Shay asked curiously.