Chapter 21 - Unexpected

I can’t believe that I haven’t updated in so long this is the longest I’ve gone without updating I think and I swear I am so so sorry, school is getting really really stressful with all the projects and impossible deadlines. BY THE WAY to all you PLL watchers out there what did you think about the finale, tbvh it made me upset that Charles didn’t show his face ugh :( . ANYWAY HERE IS THE CHAPTER. Picture on the side is Nolan North as Andrea's dad!

The next few weeks of tutoring Trinity went way better than I expected them to be. She was beginning to focus more and also actually pay attention.

 “You’re getting the hang of this, great.” I told her and her lips turned up a little. Then something horrible happened. Trinity’s eyes welled up with tears. For a moment I just sat there and stared at her, I blinked and cleared my throat.

 “Uh are you alright?” I asked her cautiously.

 “What? Oh of course, why wouldn’t I be?” her smile too wide while she hastily wiped her tears with the back of her hand.

 “Come on, you’re obviously not okay. Do you want to talk to me about it?” I asked her kindly.

 “My parents. They’re getting a divorce.” She admitted, fresh tears welling up in her eyes.

 “Oh, what happened?” I asked sympathetically.

 “They fighting a lot, and I didn’t know what to do because I was making it worse. Mum was stressed out by grades, I was almost failing every class. And my dad kept blaming her, that she wasn’t making me work hard enough, that she just stayed at home all day and did nothing.”

 “How’s everything at home right now?”

 “Mum’s taken to sleeping in the guest room, she isn’t eating much and dad, he’s angry everyday.” She said sadly.

 "Well, I don’t know how I could help, but I know this place with amazing frozen yoghurt I go to every time something bad happens. Wanna join me?” I offered.

 “Oh, um sure okay.” She agreed uncertainly. She went to the toilet to clean up her streaked mascara and eyeliner. I grabbed my coat and waited for her by the door when she was ready.

*

*

*

“Shay?” I answered the phone when we were seated at the frozen yoghurt shop.

 “Where are you?! We’ve been calling you for half an hour!” Shay almost shouted into the phone.

 “I’m really sorry! I just switched my phone on. Why have you been calling me, anyway?”

 “I can’t believe you forgot our weekly bagel again! She forgot again Kasey.” Her voice was far away, probably talking to Kasey from the back seat of her car.