Fire and Blood

A/N------------Okay, so I don't know how many people have actually taken intrest in my book, but sorry for the tardy update. Thankfully, FINALS ARE OVERRRRR!!!!! XD so happy haha. Anyway, here is the next part that explains the first chapter.--------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy

Vote/Comment

~K

________________________________________________________________________________

A chilling scream pierced the black night. I shot out of my bed, wide eyed and on high alert. My bare feet slapped the wooden flooring, causing jolts of adrenaline to shoot through me. "What was that?!" I whispered as I frantically searched the pitch-black room with my eyes.

When I determined there was no immediate threat, my nerves calmed slightly. Just when I was starting to defray, another cry jolted my body rigid again. Then there were more... Slowly, cries and screams filled my head. I cringed at the blood curdling howls of pain and sorrow. I have to get out there. I have to help.

I stepped forward to bolt out of the door, but a strong smell stopped me dead in my tracks. Smoke; thick and ashy. The sound of crackling and popping followed closely after. I ran to my door, wrapping my hand around the knob frantically. When The door swung open, I quickly realized that I wasn't the one who opened it.

My older brother stood in the doorway; panic written across his face. "Austin? What's happening?"  He breathed a sigh of relief when he recognized me. Instantly, his face became hard and fearful again. "Aura! Thank God you're okay! Were under attack, get mom and get the hell out of here!" I curtly nodded, ready to jump, but my eyes filled with horror when a thick pair of charcoal covered hands snaked around Austin's neck.

Shock plastered his face, and he threw his arms up in retaliation. His face turned purple, slowly losing life right before my eyes. I stood there paralized, willing myself to move. The moment came and went before a blink of an eye. One second my brother was there and alive, while the next... the meaty hands pulled on his neck, snapping it like a stick or fragile toy, played with too roughly by a young routy boy.

Austin's lifeless body crashed to the floor, blood trailing from his thin lips, into a puddle on my bedroom floor. "Austin!" I screamed with pain seeping through my shrill. The man shot his face up to stare me straight in the eyes. His hideous gold eyes grew cocky and evil. He wickedly smiled, flicking his eyes back to my lifeless sibling. He enjoyed it...

He stepped forward, eyeing me cautiously for anticipation. He positioned himself to lunge. Wham! He hit his face into my bed-stand while I narrowly avoided being pummeled by the hulking man. He growled loudly, ripping my concentration away.

I didn't see his arm sneak behind me, but it was far too late when I finally noticed. Smack! My head made contact with the corner of my nightstand. And again and again, until I could feel my body growing limp in his tight grasp on my hair.

He towered above me, unsympathetic for the way he left me damaged on the floor. Through the dim light streaming in through the hallway, I could see his teeth gleaming in a wicked grin. I saw where this was going. Please kill me instead. I silently pleaded in my head, full well knowing that if I were to say it aloud, the brute would make it much worse. He slid his hands down, tugging on his zipper slowly. I wanted to vomit. No.

The urge to fight overwhelmed me. My head was buzzing, I couldn't breathe. The smoke replaced the air in my lungs. My coughing and gagging distracted him momentarily. That was all I needed. I swept my leg fast and hard, undercutting him and making the man crumble to the floor.