Upredictable

Hello all, that last chapter was a wild one huh? too much or keep the weird coming? let me know your thoughts in the comments! 

*****************************************************************************************

Aura's Pov:

A haunted, tortured howl ripped through the mountains, bouncing off the trees in echos. The harrowed wail made my eyes widen and drag me back into consciousness.

It was guttural and broken. 

My heart ached at the sound, and I clutched at my chest to ease the pain in my heart. 

"tsssssss!" I hissed, ripping my hand away from the burning sensation. 

I jolted my head at an angle to see what caused such a harsh reaction of pain. There on the bare, exposed skin of my chest was something glowing with magic. The illuminated picture permanently etched into my soft, fleshy body snapped my memory into place. 

I suddenly remembered everything before I had fallen asleep in the grassy knoll. The Moon Goddess, the magic, the evil, everything.  The wave of memories washed over me in a rush. 

Again, a powerful soul-stirring howl pierced the air in a cry. His howl was pleading and desperate, but there was a menacing anger powering him. 

I sat my sore and aching body up slowly, looking around. I was no longer surrounded by a serene landscape and warm whispering steam rising from glowing water. Instead, I was back at the pack village lines. I was nestled in the grass and brush right on the very edge of the forest. 

I eyed the new embellishment on my chest. The sting dissipated and the glow began to fade and lighten till it was little more than a tattoo or brand.  

Gently, I pulled my tattered shirt back together, tying the pieces in a knot to cover my exposed, sensitive chest. 

Attempting to gather my senses, I took in the scene around me. I could see the edges of buildings in front of me. I should have been relieved, but all I could feel was extremely unsettled. 

"How the hell did I get back here?" I said, rubbing my eyes in confusion. 

The image didn't magically disappear from the rubbing. My eyes were not telling any lies, I fell asleep there in that place, and woke up back at the pack. Stranger events have happened I suppose, I shouldn't be so surprised. 

I could not dwell on the thought long, because Luca ripped through the trees wildly. His wolf's face contorted in unnatural expressions of agony filled hatred. I shivered, a feeling of fear settling in my stomach in a curdle. Was he so angry at me for leaving that he would hurt me?

Instantly, his facial features shifted into shock and realization. When he could finally see past the rage he was in, he realized it was me, standing still sitting in the grass with a dumbfounded expression. 

Realization and excitement changed his demeanor in an instant. His black, silky-smooth fur ruffled and shook away, sinking into his body and his skin took on his human form. He stood for a millisecond before darting to me. 

He swooped me up in a bear hug, squeezing the daylights out of me. 

"Aura-, he paused.

"Aura, are you really here?" He buried his nose into the crook of my neck, inhaling deeply. 

A light grunt escaped my throat, and he released his hold by a fraction, just enough to give me air to breath. 

"Luca?" I questioned, concerned. I know I left, but I didn't expect him to be this emotional over a few hours of strolling the woods.