Chapter Fifteen

Freddie's POV

I sat anxiously on the couch in the empty flat that I shared with one of my very best friends in the entire world. My eyes would drift from the muted television to the large clock on the wall, every few seconds. I couldn't stand the sensation in my stomach, sending tingles down my legs. I've felt this anxious plenty of times before, but never for this very reason. The problem was, I didn't know if I was anxious about the fact that the girl of my dreams was seeing someone else, not even knowing that I knew about it, or if I was anxious about the previous night and the damage I could've potentially caused so many people.

I was no better than Mary, I did exactly what she had been doing for God knows how long!

My anxiety could also be due to the fact that I had no idea why that very night wouldn't stop replaying in my head. Her hands, her eyes, her long, dark hair. The smell of her perfume, the heat of her slightly curvy body, her lips and the way they moved against mine. It was nauseating, really! I regretted it, that's the only reason why I couldn't stop myself from thinking about the way my hands moved along the sides of her body, and the anger and disappointment I felt when she told me 'no'.

Mary... She was the only girl on my mind since the very first time I saw her. No one could ever take her place. How could I ever leave her? She could rip my heart out and stomp on it repeatedly, and I would still kiss at her feet. Mary... She was a liar. I saw her in his arms, I saw his mouth move along her collarbone, down to her chest. I thought that maybe, just maybe, I could pretend it never happened and she would never do that to me again. We could be happy, she would never deceive me. My lover...my liar. I couldn't stand to think of it any longer. My head would explode.

My eyes found the clock once again, and I couldn't stop the damn frown that was still prominent on my face. Where the hell was Roger? Their recording session ended three damn hours ago! Was he with Clara? Was she laughing at his jokes? Was he kissing her? Holding her ha-

"Tell me we have beer!" His voice echoed through our small flat as he walked through the front door, alone. His child-like face, much like mine, held a deep frown. It was odd seeing Roger in a bad mood.

"No beer, darling. Where've you been?" I asked casually, turning my body to face him as he stepped further into the room.

"I had lunch with Rissa. Where the hell did you disappear to? You do know vocals are kind of important on a rock n roll record, don't you?" He was mad about my absence, but that didn't interest me at that very moment.

'Rissa'... I couldn't stand the sound of that name leaving his lips. He never gave girls nicknames, God! He never even remembered girls' names!

"Oh, lunch with Clarissa. How did it go?" I made sure to sound as casual as possible, I didn't want him to think that I actually cared about his date with one of his random girls. That's all she was, one of Roger's girls who just happened to befriend my group of friends and then decided to invade my personal life.

He rolled his eyes as he slowly removed his thin jersey from around his shoulders, tossing it over the back of the couch as he came to sit beside me.

"I don't know. She was giving me conversational blue balls all afternoon. She's been acting strange all day, I could barely get a proper sentence out of her while she scrambled her food around her plate. Do you know what's going on with her?" He asked me, and I knew that I could give him the answer that he was looking for, but I wouldn't do that. I couldn't lose my best friends because of Clara.

"Why on earth would I know? Maybe ask her if she needs a tampon. Who knows what goes on inside the mind of a woman." I shrugged.

"Are you sure? She was doing much better before she had that conversation with you at the studio, you know, right before you left with Mary and she went outside to 'get some fresh air'." He narrowed his eyes at me. Why was he looking at me like that? Was he suspecting something? Did she tell him about the kiss just to get back at me for my ridiculous accusations earlier? What if he's testing me, he knows what happened, he wants to see if I'll man up and tell him the truth!