Chapter Twenty Four

The picture is just a little reminder of what Fred looks like at this point in the story <3 I'm sorry for a potentially horrible chapter. I struggled so so much with this one. I felt like I had nothing, but I hope it means something to some of you. Thank you for returning to chapter 24, please remember to vote and comment. You guys are awesome.

"You spilled your drink, that means you have to chug it!" Roger messily ashes his cigarette over the wooden table on Veronica's balcony, reaching his hand out to press Brian's bottle higher in the air, beer spilling from the sides of Brian's mouth.

"Roger, you're making a mess and if Brian chokes and dies on my balcony, you're getting rid of the body." Veronica rolled her eyes, taking Deaky's cigarette from his hand.

I watched the exchange in anticipation as Brian choked on his drink, trying his best to swallow his beer in between coughs. Eventually I did become somewhat worried as he was still choking and Roger was still holding the bottle to his mouth, a childlike grin on his beautiful face.

"Roger, you're literally going to kill him." I got up, quickly moving around the table to stand by his side as I placed my hand over his, removing it from the bottle.

"Fucking hell, Roger! Thank you, Clarissa." Brian choked on his words, using the back of his hand to wipe at the bubbles of beer that were trialing down his chin and neck.

It was a warm Thursday afternoon, and I was spending the night at Veronica's after an extremely inconvenient water leakage in my building. Our water would be out for at least a day or two, but I was lucky enough to have a friend that lived very close by. Of course, Veronica wanted John to come over, and she wanted Roger there as well, in an attempt to avoid a third wheel situation. We were not aware that Roger would invite Fred, Brian and Pasha along.

But here they all were, and I was making sure to stick to the rest of the group while Freddie and Pasha never seemed to leave each others' sides.

Roger was laughing hysterically, clearly drunk as him, Brian and Deaky continued their previous conversation. Roger's thin arm wrapped around my shoulders, his words slurred as he argued with everything Brian was saying.

I glanced up at him, his blue eyes shifting between Brian and Deaky during their heated debate over some technical things for the album. I wish I understood what they were saying, but I knew nothing about the recording process. They seemed to know so much, using words I had never heard before in my life.

As much as I enjoyed Brian, Roger and John's company, this was a conversation that I had no interest in. Roger was so focused on what they were saying that he didn't even notice my body slip from under his arm.

I made my way back around the table, taking my seat in between Veronica and Brian. Veronica was sitting next to Pasha and Freddie, chatting away. I wished I could be as friendly to everyone as Veronica was. She always wanted to be friends with all of the boys' girlfriend. I guess she needed girls to cut through the testosterone.

"Hey, it's Clara, right?" Pasha spoke the second I sat down, my wide eyes instantly falling upon her flawless face.

Freddie and Pasha's days together seemed to drag on and on, with no sign of them ending any time soon. They hadn't been seeing each other for longer than two weeks, but things seemed to move fast. They always moved fast with Freddie.

I was happy for them, as happy as I could be, even though I didn't want to be. It was hard to be upset every time I would catch Freddie's wide smile whenever he spoke to her or even looked at her.

It had only been about a week and a half since our encounter in his kitchen, and in that time, I would pretty much just say 'hello' and 'goodbye' whenever I would be in their company.  Days had gone by and I was still annoyed that for that whole first night of meeting Pasha, I was so distracted by them that I missed out on the fun everyone else was having.