Chapter Four

Closing my eyes, I rubbed at my temples as I wished for time to pass so I could leave work and go home. It was just past 5 o'clock in the afternoon and I had a horrible day on campus. We always had tests on Mondays and they really drained me, I felt and probably looked like a real zombie.

I was completely sobered up since Saturday night, and I was still very much upset by what Roger had said. I couldn't believe him. He made me feel so cheap, and I definitely was not cheap. Freddie annoyed me too, laughing like what Roger had said was funny and okay.

It wasn't.

I expected John to come over to get his girlfriend something, but he never showed up. I suppose he heard about what happened and Roger probably forbid him from coming to the store. What an asshole.

"Clarissa." I snapped out of my angry thoughts as I felt Rose take my hand and remove it from my hair, I didn't even noticed that I was pulling at it.

"Hey." I stood up from my seat at the register and looked down at the small lady, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Rough day?" She questioned carefully.

"I'm sorry, I've been in such a bad mood since Saturday." I mumbled, folding my arms as my eyes scanned the store.

We had no customers and I wished that we could just lock up and leave.

"Concert didn't go so well?"

I shook my head and sighed, but I didn't want to talk about it. I was embarrassed that Roger even thought that that was the reason why I went to watch them. It definitely wasn't about sex to me.

Clearly it was to him, though.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She put her hand on my shoulder and I smiled, shaking my head.

"No, I just wanna sleep." I laughed, "I'm being dramatic anyway, it wasn't a big deal or anything." I half lied. It was a big deal to me.

"Then go. Go home. The store has been quiet all day, I can manage on my own. I might even lock up early." She smiled mischievously and winked.

I wasn't going to try and be polite and offer to stay, because I really just needed a nap.

"I'll come in tomorrow morning to make up for the hours lost today." I offered and she nodded.

I was being paid per hour after all and I couldn't afford to lose three hours worth of pay.

"No class?" She asked as she handed me my coat which I immediately slipped into.

"Thankfully not. I'll see you tomorrow. Thank you for letting me slip off." I gave her a small hug and practically ran for the door.

For a brief moment I considered grabbing a taxi, but I decided against it. The eight minute walk home really wasn't that bad and maybe I just needed the fresh air.

I walked slowly and tried to clear my mind as I approached the green building. The streets were busy, since this was usually the time that people would go home after a long day of hard work. I never got to go home this early, unless I worked a morning shift.

When I got home I immediately face planted into my couch, curling up as I hugged a pillow to my stomach.

I honestly just wanted to be left alone for the next year. No uni, no work, no problematic band mates. Just me and this lovely little couch.

I had just gotten comfortable and I was half asleep when I heard a knock on my door. I decided to ignore it and placed a pillow over my head, groaning when the knocking continued.