Chapter Twenty One

"Here come old flat top, he come grooving up slowly. He got joo joo eyeball, he one holy roller." Another student band was up on stage before the boys would perform, singing a song that had come out that same year. It was such a strange song, I loved it. "He got hair down to his knee, got to be a joker he just do what he please."

"When will people learn to stop doing Beatles covers at a rock n roll gig, this is way too fucking soft for this place's energy." An annoyed Roger muttered from beside me, immediately bringing his beer up to his lips before finishing his drink and tossing the cup down on the table we were standing at.

The boys were set to perform after the band that was currently playing and Roger was in a horrible mood, so much so that I wanted to leave because of how uncomfortable his attitude was making me feel.

Veronica did a good job at convincing me to come, she told me that Freddie had begged her to beg me to come. When Freddie saw me pitch up, however, I could tell that she had been lying when he frowned at her mischievous smirk. I didn't know Ronnie to be this mischievous, she was enjoying every moment of my adventures with Freddie, and she didn't even know about the best part. The balcony, everything that happened the previous night. Of course it was all in my head still, why wouldn't it be? How could anyone forget something like it? In fact, Freddie never seemed to leave my mind since the day I met him, back then I was thinking about how he told me that he wouldn't have to remember my name, because Roger would have a new girl in 2.5 seconds. Now I was thinking about his lips, and his hands.

How do people go through life acting like sex isn't the most mind consuming thing on earth? I was on a high, one that I was afraid would have a horrendous comedown.

"I don't know, I quite like this song. It plays in the store pretty often."

"Yeah well, of course you like the shit blasting on the radio, don't you." Roger snapped and pushed himself from the table, walking off to the bar as my wide eyes followed him.

"What the fuck is his problem?" I spat, turning to Veronica whose arms were twisted around Deaky's torse while they bopped along to the song.

"Him and Freddie are being children, another fight. Don't mind them, this kind of thing happens often. They just have to sort themselves out." Deaky shrugged and motioned for me to stand with him and Veronica.

"Well shit, they better get it together, I'm so tired of bitchy men." I rolled my eyes and Veronica laughed.

"Best get used to it now that they're your friends too, Rissa. Once the boys get up there we can go get us some drinks. I'm feeling like tonight could be an epic party." Veronica untangled herself from Deaky, throwing her arm across my shoulder.

"Yeah, why not." I smiled and turned to look at Freddie who was talking to a bunch of girls, along with Brian.

Freddie never spoke to girls at their gigs, he always had Mary and when she wasn't there, he would stick to whichever one of the boys he liked the most that night. He was always so careful not to overstep his boundaries with Mary. She clearly didn't care as much as he did.

I watched the blonde girl that was talking to Freddie, her hand resting on his arm as she stared up at him, mesmerized as he spoke to her.

Ew.

I frowned, feeling Veronica tug on my arm, "What's with you? Not enjoying the scene?" She grinned when I turned to look at her.

"No, just odd seeing him with anyone other than Satan herself." I smiled when she snorted, chuckling lightly.

"Hm, she's pretty but she's not Freddie's type." She shrugged and took a sip from her drink.

"Well, other than Mary, what is his type?" I never even thought about Freddie having a type, you don't think about that when someone only has eyes for one person.