Chapter 4

Chapter 4 (Alex's Pov)

I stacked the paper work on my desk neatly. I was in my company looking at new designs for the fashion shoot. I sighted and layed back in my chair. God I needed to talk to Chase. I got out my phone and sent him a message.
A: Could you come by A Fashion?
C: I could.
A: This is business talk nothing else.
C: Fine I'll be their but only because your bossy.

I sighted frustrated. He's so irritate sometimes. The door opens and Stella walks in with Chase. I smile at her and she smiles back leaving. I get up and watch Chase look around the room in astonishment.

"Woah Alex this is really outstanding." He gasps.

"Thank you Mr. Knight." I say and he notices my tone.

"Your welcome Miss. Price." He grumbles. I narrow my eyes at him.

"I would like you to ask your fiance what type of dress she'd like." I tell him in a flat tone. I walk over to my desk and grab some files.

"These are all the designs I've scratched. Please let me know if she doesn't like them, I'll change them immediately." I tell him and hand him the files. He takes them and looks at me.

"Thank you Miss. Price." He says cracking a smile. My heart melts at this.

"I like calling you Chase better then Mr. Knight." I grumbled.

"I could get you for assault right now Miss. Price." Chase says and laughs. I stare at him.

"And tell them what I may ask?" I ask. He shuts up and I smile.

"I'm sorry Alex." He says in a apologetic tone.

"For what?"

"For kissing you. I shouldn't of done that I'm getting married, I never thought about how you would feel if I did that." He says in a apologetic tone.

"Look Chase it's fine, let's put it behind us and worry about our own future." I tell him.

"The problem is I can't get you out of my head." He laughs dryly.

"And why is that?" I asked.

"Your back. Here in front of me and I want you badly." He says nervously.

"You can't have what you want." I tell him.

"I know but that's the problem. I know I can't have it but I want it more for that." He looks at me. I smooth out my black skirt and look down.

"Chase I came back down here for Emma& Dylan and also for my parents. I also came to apologize to you but I couldn't exactly find the right words to say I mean what was I suppose to say? I'm sorry for leaving you here. I'm sorry for achieving my dream? I knew what I was doing would hurt you but I also knew you'd get over it and get your life straight so I can't apologize for that." I tell him truthfully.

"That's just the problem! I'm suppose to stand here and act like everything's okay! It's not it never will be and nobody even noticed! I am suppose to hate you for breaking me but don't? Fucked up right." He says in a broken tone. I've never seen him so broken before. I walked over to him and out my fingers under his chin and moved him to look at me.

"It's not fucked up Chase because I understand what your going through. If you knew or had to deal with the stuff I've had to go through you'd thank God for your life now." I told him and moved my hand. He grabbed my arm and pulled me to him.

"Show me then Alex." He whispered.

"No." I said in a frantic tone. I yanked my arm from his grip. "You have to get over some things Chase and I'm one thing you need to get over before some or us get hurt." I answer truthfully.

"That's the thing I don't care who I hurt in the process. As long as I get what I want out of it I'm fine. I shouldn't even feel this way." He says as if he was a monster.

"Everyone has that side of them." I tell him.

"Then what's yours?" He snapped. "You don't even know how hard it is wanting something you can't have."

"I do because I deal with it everyday but I still get up in the morning everyday and go on with my life." I snapped back.

"But your the problem Alex!" He snapped. "Why can't you understand that."

"Your the problem also Chase!" I snapped. "Stop bringing your old feelings into this. It's your new feelings that matter and I know you love Taylor so don't fuck that up." I snap angry. How can he say it's my fault.

"Then tell me how you feel about this." He said grabbing me and yanking me to him. He smashed his lips on mine and I kissed him back.

After that I pulled away.

"Nothing. I felt nothing Chase. Wanna know why? I don't love you anymore." I tell him. I walk out my office and leave.

°°°§°°°

I lied. I lied. I lied. I lied. I lied. I lied to Chase. I think to myself. I couldn't just tell him I loved him. That would ruin everything.

I stared at myself in the mirror. I can do this. I walked back into my office and saw that Chase was gone. I felt bad about what I said but I can't change it.

I looked on my desk and saw a note.
Alex,
I'm sorry about kissing you. I think it would be better if we stay out of each other's life it's for the best right? I laugh bitterly at that. It be for the best but we never do the best.
I guess your feelings for me aren't their anymore. I guess I'm the only one hurt again. So this is goodbye.
Chase.

I stare at the note. If only he knew.