Part 43: And You Know For Me, It's Always You

Start from the beginning

“Before we do that,” I paused, letting my voice drag out. “Can we please order something to eat? I’m actually starving.” I rubbed my stomach and walked across the kitchen to get Karlie’s phone.

“Sure, I’m pretty hungry too,” She agreed. “How does pizza sound?” Karlie suggested as she looked up from her phone to meet my gaze.

“Sure, pizza it is!” I exclaimed. I walked out of the kitchen and sat down on my couch. I could vaguely hear Karlie’s soft voice as she ordered our dinner, and within a few moments she appeared from around the corner.

            “They said it would be about a forty-five minutes.” She explained, joining me on the couch. I felt her hand creep up my thigh and she looked up at me with a sly grin.

“I wonder how we can pass the time.” She tempted, flashing her green eyes at me. I shifted in my seat so that I was facing her and I let my fingers linger on her thin waistline.

“I wonder…” I repeated, smiling against her lips. I leaned over top of Karlie as she lay down on the couch, tugging at my t-shirt. Her cold fingertips on my bare skin sent a shiver down my spine as she started to pull the material off of me. I started to grind my hips against her and a small moan escaped Karlie’s lips.

“Twice in one hour,” She mumbled as she pulled away from me. “That’s got to be a new record for us.” She let out a breathy laugh and I giggled as I let my mouth wander to her neck. Karlie tilted her head to the opposite side, giving me more access so that I could nibble the space behind her ear.

            I pulled away from her and sat up when I heard her phone ring on the end table beside us.

“Ignore it,” Karlie said shortly, pulling at my hands. I shook my head and looked back at her.

“What if it’s the pizza guy and he has a question about the delivery?” I wondered, tilting my head at her. “I am not missing out on my pizza just because you have the sex drive of a sixteen year-old boy.” I joked as I passed her phone to her.

“Whatever, you know you love it,” She scoffed and rolled her eyes as she looked at the caller ID. “Hey—it’s my mom! Give me five minutes, alright Tay?” She gave me an apologetic smile and I nodded my head. Then, I got off of her and threw my shirt back on.

“Hey Mom!” Karlie exclaimed into the phone receiver. She stood up and walked into my kitchen, but I could still make out most of what she was saying.

“Oh yeah, I’m great! How are you? That’s good… No, I’m just with Taylor right now Mom. What’s that? No no, we’re back together…” I felt my heart rate quicken as Karlie explained our situation to her mother. Although I hadn’t met her parents yet, I had a strong feeling that they didn’t want me anywhere near Karlie after what I did to her.

“Yeah, I forgave her.” Her voice cut through my thoughts, and I listened to the conversation again. “You say that like it’s a bad thing… Whatever mom, can we change the subject?” Karlie quipped. I could tell that she was starting to get frustrated, so I stood up from the couch and walked into the kitchen to check on her.

            Karlie was sitting at the dining room table, phone in hand, and she was fidgeting with the placemat in front of her.

“My Thanksgiving plans?” She asked. “That’s still three weeks away, so nothing’s final yet, but we’re probably going to come see you guys, and then go see her parents.” She explained. Karlie spun in her chair to face me and I gave her a smile. She rolled her eyes and began to mock her mother’s voice through the phone.

            Suddenly Karlie’s face twisted in shock, and a deep shade of red began to rise up through her cheeks.

“What the fuck? No, Taylor’s coming to Thanksgiving.” She growled. I frowned as my eyes fell to the floor. I felt Karlie’s hand grab mine, and she gave it a gentle squeeze.

            “If you don’t like it, than I’m sorry. I think we’ll save ourselves the trip and stay home this year, Mom.” She yelled as she hung up the phone. She let out a few deep breaths and tossed her phone across the table. Karlie put her face in her hand and she rubbed her forehead agitatedly.

“Karlie, what happened?” I asked. I placed my hand on her shoulder and leaned down. Karlie looked up at me and let out a dissatisfied sigh.

“My Mom told me that she was disappointed in me for getting back together with you,” She said slowly. Her eyes fell to the floor. “And basically she said that she doesn’t want you at their Thanksgiving dinner, so I told her to forget about it then.” Karlie looked back up at me and cracked a small smile, but I knew that she was upset.

“Karlie, you didn’t have to do that!” I sighed. “I can see where she’s coming from, you know. You can go to your parent’s dinner and I’ll go to mine.” I suggested, tucking a piece of brown hair behind her ear.

“That’s not the point,” Karlie protested. “They should be supporting me. They should want me to be happy, even if they don’t like the fact that I’m with you.” She stated. I took both of her hands in mine and kneeled down next to her.

“That’s really sweet of you, Karls,” I cooed. “But this is your family. I don’t want to drive a wedge in between you and them—it’s not fair.” I said.

“No, Taylor. It’s fine. They’ll come around and change their minds. Just watch.” She stood up and wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling me in for a tight hug.

“But what if they don’t?” I asked wearily into her ear.

“Then we’ll do our own!” She exclaimed as she kissed me on the cheek. I heard her buzzer go off in the entryway, and started to walk into the living room.

“That’s probably the pizza guy, do you want to grab it?” I asked. Karlie turned to face me as she walked backwards to her front door.

“Already on it,” She said softly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*dun dun duuuuuun* uh oh! family drama! Do you agree with Karlie's parents? Let me know what you think, I'm curious hahaha :) 

thanks for reading!