• Chances •

"The game plan," Ladybug huffed, sitting on the ground of the restaurant with Cat Noir and Omuku around her, "the game plan is generally the same. Cat Noir and I distract the other two as Omuku talks to Queen Wasp," she said, gesturing at the other heroes around her. Omuku and Cat Noir had both just recharged their Miraculous and were all ready to go. They were all taking the time to go over what they needed to do before heading back out there.

"Simple enough," mumbled Omuku.

"Got it?" Ladybug asked.

"Yes! Let's go!!!" confirmed Cat Noir, jumping up and marching toward the door.
Ladybug began to follow, but Omuku stood and stopped her.

"Hey," she said, "I uh, I like your new hair!"

"Oh, thanks!" Ladybug smiled, giving her new flowy hair a little playful toss.

"Are you gonna keep it like that from now on?"

"Oh, no, probably not."

"Oh... what a shame, it's very beautiful."

"Thank you..." Ladybug said. Omuku gave her a quick nod and turned away to follow Cat Noir through the door.
I need to know...
"Omuku, wait a second."

The Parrot looked back at her. "Hm?"

"What you said as Adrien... that- that you- I mean, he- hated me..." Ladybug stammered, fidgeting with her hands, "was that true? Did Adrien really tell you that he hated Ladybug?"

Omuku froze as her mind raced to come up with an answer. She felt a cold chill go down her spine as her face heated up at the same time, creating a strange mixed feeling of hot and cold.
She thought she'd left this little lie behind! That's why she ran! But, it's back now. She should've known.
"Uhhhhh..." stalled Omuku, looking down.
What do I say? Do I tell the truth? But if I do, Adrien might fall in love with Ladybug for real...
I gotta keep up my façade. I'm sorry Ladybug, but I never hesitate.
"Yes, it's true." Omuku felt her head start to spin and the world begin to go blurry for a moment as she lied again. What feeling was this? She hadn't noticed that her heart was racing and that she was sweating until after the moment passed and everything went back to normal. She looked back up at Ladybug to see her response.

Ladybug pursed her lips, forcing a smile. "Mmkay..." she hummed. "Thanks."
Ouch. Those words still stung terribly. Why?
Marinette had told herself so many times already, that she was going to drop Adrien. Adrien didn't love her back. He was with Kagami. But, Luka, on the other hand, did love her.
For more than a whole week she'd been wavering between the two boys. She couldn't do that forever, she had to pick a side, and soon. And she did! Marinette thought she'd chosen Luka over and over and over again, but by this point it's clear she only chose him in her head, not her heart. Her heart still longed for Adrien, and, well, you can't help the things your heart longs for.
She knew it was unrealistic to still be in love with Adrien. She'd told herself to go to Luka instead, but she just simply couldn't. But, she could feel, with all the recent events, that her heart was slowly dropping Adrien. She had already felt Ladybug give up on him. Marinette, however, though they are the same person, was still barely clinging on.
Give him one more chance. One more chance. One more chance... Her heart kept telling her that over and over every time he rejected her, and he was almost out of chances.
This will be the last one. I promise.
Marinette actually almost felt relieved. Finally it would be over. The emotional stress and indecision would be gone, and she would be happy. Perhaps Adrien's last chance would run out and she would just give him up for Luka for good, or, somehow, his last chance would become an opportunity. But the second scenario seemed very unlikely.

Ladybug sighed and strode toward the door, passing by Omuku, who followed, guiltily dropping her head. Was that really such a good idea? Was it worth it to lie to a— no, the— superhero?