• Princess Panda •

This is the THIRD book in my Miraculous series! Please read books 1-2 if you haven't already before continuing!
Book 1- Verity Queen
Book 2- Iceolator
Book 3- Rivals Part 1: Queen Wasp 2

• • •

[ Monday evening ]
"Hello, Lila Rossi. I am Mayura, and this is the Miraculous of the Snowy Owl, which grants the power of empathy. You will use it to help Hawk Moth and I defeat Ladybug and Cat Noir. Can we trust you, Lila?"

Lila eagerly stepped forward from behind the stairs' railing and accepted the box Mayura held out to her.
"Yes, Mayura. You can trust me."

• • •

[ Wednesday afternoon, after school ]

Sabrina stood squarely in the center of the golden elevator, her heart racing. She stared at the small black box in her hand. It was the gift Lila had given to her to deliver to Chloé, which doubled as an excuse for her to see Chloé. Man, Lila was amazing.

This was the first time she would see Chloé in a week, and man was she excited. She was permitted entrance to the hotel so she could bring the gift to her, and now she was on her way to her room. The elevator she'd taken millions of times now felt strange and different without Chloé by her side. All the adventures and games they'd played together as Ladybug and Cat Noir, and sometimes Queen Bee, played in her head. Maybe after she gives her the gift, they can start talking again, and they could play those games! They can be best friends again.

Sabrina remembered how she'd felt when she found out what Chloé did. Her father had tried to arrest her for working with Hawk Moth, but the Mayor, his wife, and Chloé herself had pleaded differently. Roger had reluctantly agreed and left the mayor's daughter alone, but gave her a strict warning.

Sabrina took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down. Why was she so nervous? She was just seeing her friend to deliver a gift for her.
Sabrina frowned at the small box in her hand.
I wonder what it is...
She placed her hand over the lid to open it, but stopped herself.
Oh, what am I doing? This is Chloé's gift. I shouldn't be snooping around her stuff.
Sabrina shook her head and looked up at the elevator's dial.

After what felt like an hour, but in reality only took a few seconds, she reached the top floor. The doors parted with a ding and Sabrina shyly stepped out. Everything looked the same as it always had: an empty hallway lined with red carpet and with gold hotel doors on either wall. It even smelled the same as it always had.
It was quiet, and laughter echoed in the back of her mind upon seeing the familiar sights and smelling the familiar scents. She'd only ever seen this hallway while laughing and playing superheroes with Chloé, so now that she wasn't, it just didn't feel right. Well, that's why she was here, wasn't it? To bring that back? She began walking toward the room of her best friend.

In just a few seconds, Sabrina was standing at Chloé's door.
Deep breaths, deep breaths, she told herself.
Carefully, she lifted her arm and knocked twice.
"Um, Chloé?" she called.

A voice from inside came through the door. "Who is it?" it snapped.

"It's me, Sabrina? Y- your best friend." Sabrina unknowingly gripped the black box in her hands tightly out of nervousness.

After a few seconds of silence, the voice spoke again. "Sabrina?"

The door suddenly opened to reveal an extremely messy Chloé Bourgeois. Her hair was down, in a mess, and she was in her pajamas. She almost looked like a completely different person without any makeup on. It was like for once, she didn't care about her appearance.