Chapter 19: a god vs a slayer

No one's pov

The fortress lies in fire and rubble. Bodies of the demons and angels litter the floor and bloods taints the once beautiful architecture of the halls and courtyards.

The night sentinels and 1993 doomguy desperately battle the icon of sin with its armor fully destroyed. 1994 doomguy, 2016 doomslayer, and Doom defend the elevator leading to the citadel where y/n faces off against khan maykr to finally end the threat of all creation.

With each passing second they grow ever weaker against the endless hordes.

Y/n pov

"I will kill you Khan no matter what!" I say.

I stare at khan as she stared back at me. I then charge her but she flies away summoning a pillar of light. I dash to the side avoiding the pillar. I pull out the gauss cannon and fire it at khan she takes the force but no damage.

"Foolish boy. I have grown ever stronger since the battle against your wrath. What spark of hope do you have of defeating me." She says as she summons multiple portals of light.

Out from those portals come beams of light. I stood my ground and tanked the beams. They burn my skin but I hold until the onslaught stops. I then regain my stance and fire once more. I continue to fire until her shield breaks.

I took the chance to fire a rocket straight into her chest. It damages the orb and her armor cracks and breaks. Her shield regenerates and she grows irritated.

I resume firing until her shield breaks. This time I rush her an try to punch the orb but catches my fist and blasts me with a ray of light.

"I grow tired of your fighting. Why don't you give up? Are you humans that stubborn? Is it the way of slayer to never surrender? What keeps you going?" She asks me.

I say nothing as I grab my sword and charge her. She disappears and reappears right behind me. I turn around but she grabs my neck and rights me into the air.

"You resent the natural order. All my life I have been watching as all of creation dwells further into chaos. War, imbalance, rising death tolls, and radical faiths all for what? To satisfy selfish desires? Face y/n you see the chaos that has plagued the universe so why protect it?" She says to me.

"B-because you can't f-fix it. Y-you don't have the power to fix I-it all! In time the universe will fix itself. Not even you can fix it all. For you see order cannot co exist without chaos. Just as light cannot co exist without dark. Your ideals contradict the natural balance of the universe! So it's my job to protect that balance!" I say as I stab her hand and she releases me.

"It's just like I said khan! STOP BEING HYPOCRITICAL!!!!" I say as I throw a grenade hitting her face.

"Enough of this!" She says as she uses her powers to transform into a new form.