Part 6

HELLO!!! *gently places update in your hands* BYE

I made the titles for this fic and You and Me say Ronarry instead of Rarry. Maybe that'll reduce any confusions with Drarry, we'll see. I still prefer Rarry

Summary: The first weekend of term; Percy sends Ron a letter

Early the next morning, Harry went to the Owlery to send a letter off to Sirius. He had just sent it off when he saw a reptilian horse fly soar from the trees and go back down.

The Owlery door opened, making him jump. It was Cho Chang, and she looked just as surprised to see Harry there as he was her.

"Hi."

"Oh ... hi. I didn't think anyone would be up here this early... I only remembered five minutes ago, it's my mum's birthday."

She held up the parcel.

"Right," said Harry. "Nice day." The weather, really?

"Yeah," said Cho, looking around for a suitable owl. "Good Quidditch conditions. I haven't been out all week, have you?"

"No."

Cho was coaxing a barn owl to attach her parcel to.

"Hey, has Gryffindor got a new Keeper yet?" she asked.

"Yeah. It's Ron," Harry replied proudly.

"The Tornados-hater?" Cho said. At Harry's raised eyebrow, she went on quickly, "How are you two doing, by the way?"

"We're doing fine," Harry said, grinning. "He's great."

Cho smiled. "I bet. Cedric used to say you would look at him like no one was around."

Harry's grin slid off his face.

Cho's smile disappeared, too. "That Umbridge woman's foul. Putting you in detention just because you told the truth about how — how — how he died. Everyone heard about it, it was all over the school. You were really brave standing up to her like that."

At one point, Harry would have reacted strongly to her words. Now, all he could think about was his hand and the words etched in the skin. "Yeah, well —"

He didn't get to finish — Harry hadn't really thought about it when he opened his mouth anyway — for the Owlery door opened again and in came Filch. Something about ordering Dungbombs...

But Cho rescued him, claiming she was there when Harry sent it off. They headed out together and separated at the end of a corridor.

Harry went to join his friends in the Great Hall, feeling pleased despite the brief moment of awkwardness. Maybe today wouldn't be so bad.

But as they began to practice for Quidditch, Harry felt his optimism ebbing away. Ron had done well when it was just him and Harry, but once the rest of the team came, his nerves seemed to get to him.

Even Fred and George, who Harry had been prepared to reprimand, didn't say anything. Not that they needed to — the Slytherins were doing just fine on their own jeering from the stands.

By the end, Katie had to go to the hospital wing and Ron was feeling no better about his skills. And on top of Quidditch, he and Harry were behind on homework. So they ended up spending all of Sunday on Professors McGonagall and Sinistra's essays.

"How bad was I really?" Ron said after a few hours.

Harry hesitated for a few seconds in which he dipped his quill into his ink pot. "You weren't bad, Ron, you were just anxious."