Part 3

Summary: Everyone's sitting on pins and needles while Harry's away for his trial; the booklists arrive with a surprise for Ron

It was great having Harry by his side again, but that didn't make cleaning Grimmauld Place any less tiresome. Or at least Molly called it cleaning, but Ron heard Harry mutter they were waging war with the house.

"All good practice for You-Know-Who, isn't it?" Ron muttered back, grinning as Harry laughed a little. It was the first time he saw Harry look even remotely relaxed since arriving, and it was as refreshing as a glass of water after de-doxying the curtains.

But the tension came back on the eve of the hearing when Molly brought it up during dinner. As they were heading up to their rooms, Hermione looked at Harry. "You'll be all right," she said, her voice too bright to be natural. "The law is on your side."

Her words didn't appease Harry, who, as soon as he was inside his bedroom, turned to Ron. "Can I... sleep with you tonight?"

Ron nodded. "Yeah, of course."

They changed into their pajamas and slid into Ron's bed. It wasn't very easy— the bed was smaller than the ones at Hogwarts— but Harry didn't seem to mind, pressing into Ron's lanky frame with relish.

"G'night," he mumbled.

"Night." Ron kissed the top of his head, and a small smile appeared on Harry's face.

The next morning, Harry was gone. Hermione stood over Ron, having just shaken his shoulder until he opened his eyes.

"Your dad and Harry have just left twenty minutes ago," she told him.

Ron sat up. "He didn't wake me up." Disappointment thrummed inside him.

"He probably didn't want to worry you so early," Hermione pointed out.

"I was already worried."

Hermione didn't have anything to say. Together, she and Ron headed downstairs.

Ginny was already downstairs, as were Sirius, Lupin, Tonks, and Molly. As Ron and Hermione went to sit down, the twins arrived, for once not Apparating.

Hardly anyone spoke throughout both the meal and the waiting time.

Tonks' clumsiness was worse now with the tension in the air. Once, she dropped a plate while trying to help clean up after breakfast. Then she knocked over the umbrella stand; Sirius and Lupin scrambled to close Mrs. Black's curtains.

After what felt like hours, Harry and Arthur were back.

"Well?" Molly demanded.

But Ron could see Harry was standing taller, his eyes brighter than they had been from the past few days and knew what had happened before his father spoke.

"He was cleared of all charges."

Hearing it said out loud had an effect on the room. Ron threw his arms around Harry. "I knew it!" he yelled between kisses. "You always get away with stuff!"

Hermione let out a shaky laugh. "They were bound to clear you. There was no case against you, none at all..."

Fred, George, and Ginny began doing a kind of war chant.

"He got off, he got off, he got off, he got off—"

"That's enough— Fred— George— Ginny!" Mrs. Weasley said. "Harry, dear, come and sit down, have some lunch, you hardly ate breakfast..."

Hearing this, Ron made sure to pile extra mashed potatoes onto Harry's plate once they were seated.

"'Course, once Dumbledore turned up on your side, there was no way they were going to convict you," Ron said as he loaded Hermione's plate next.