Part 1

Edit July 23, 2023: I may be deleting this fic* on here. There are a multitude of reasons of varying importance that I won't get into, but if you're on Archive of our Own (Ao3), you may still be able to view this story. Just search my username: onyxjay.

*You and Me will stay up, it's just this one, the sequel, I would be deleting.

(I say may be deleting because I keep going back and forth, but if this fic disappears, hopefully it won't come as a complete surprise.)

Edit January 18, 2024: Given this fic being discontinued/on hiatus/whatever, Part 15 can be seen as the (un?)official end. After that, the story kinda peters (hehe) off. You are more than welcome to continue, of course, but don't come complaining to me because you ignored my warnings.

==========

Greetings, wonderful citizens and you nerds. 'Tis I, Onyxjay, with the promised sequel to You and Me.

If for some reason you jumped right in despite the description saying it's a sequel, you may want to turn around and leave until you're caught up.

I own Harry Potter. Jk, Rowling does. I'm just a fanfic writer

Summary: Ron misses Harry a lot

"Promise you'll keep in touch?"

"Yeah, of course."

Ron stared at the letter in his hand, wondering if he should add anything else. It seemed awfully vague, and even the thought that he was technically keeping his promise didn't put him to ease.

"Have you finished writing, Ron?" Hermione asked, poking her head in.

"Almost. Just trying to think of what else to say."

Hermione bit her lip. "You can't add anything that will risk us," she reminded him.

"I know that," Ron snapped. "But Harry deserves to know... something."

"But what if the wrong person gets a hold of it? Harry's in enough danger as it is, with You-Know-Who being back. The last thing we need is for—"

"I know, I get it. I'll just tell him we're doing fine."

Satisfied, Hermione withdrew, closing the door.

Ron sighed and looked back down at the words he had written so far. It didn't say anything new, just the same frustratingly vague statements that they couldn't share anything for fear the letters may go astray. He couldn't imagine how Harry was feeling right now.

"Ron." Ginny was at the door now. "Dinner's ready."

"Coming."

Ginny disappeared again, and Ron quickly finished his letter with, I hope you're doing okay. Even with all that's going on. It wasn't much, but he had been ending all his letters with something similar, hoping that it would give even the smallest amount of comfort to his boyfriend.

Boyfriend. Despite the current circumstances, Ron couldn't help but smile a little. He had realized he had feelings for his best friend during his third year. They became more pronounced during their fourth year, and when the Yule Ball was announced, Ron had been deeply shocked when Harry admitted his own feelings. Harry liked him of all people. Him! Rita Skeeter had pounced on the opportunity to stir up drama, but thankfully, she had been unable break them apart. Ron could only hope the separation now wouldn't either.

Shaking off his thoughts, Ron hurried downstairs, taking care not to make too much noise. Not for the first time he marveled at the difference the quiet made. He was used to hearing explosions in Fred and George's room, but here at Grimmauld Place— a name that was most fitting— they were especially not allowed to make a lot of noise lest they disturbed the portrait of Sirius Black's mother. He could hardly believe they were related.