Part 24

Okay, so back when I was bursting with ideas and motivation for this fic, I managed to write something here and there. Keep in mind this is not completed, so there's a few time gaps, which are shown by the brackets [...]. But it's here nonetheless and has more details, hence my decision to post it separately.

Summary: Bill and Fleur's wedding; a little bit of what happens after

[Harry is disguised at the wedding as per canon]

"Oh yeah, Auntie Muriel, this is our cousin Barny."

"Another Weasley?" She looked at Harry through narrowed eyes. "You breed like gnomes. Isn't Harry Potter here? I was hoping to meet him. I thought you were dating him, Ronald, or have you merely been boasting?"

"Er, no," said Ron, glancing apologetically at Harry. "He couldn't come."

[Other words are spoken here. The wedding ceremony takes place. More words are spoken.]

Viktor Krum dropped into the seat Luna had occupied moments ago. "Who is that man in the yellow?" he asked, scowling.

"That's Xenophilius Lovegood, he's the father of a friend of ours," Ron said. He turned to Hermione, who was trying but failing to look nonchalant as she watched people dance. "Come and dance," he offered.

Hermione glanced at Harry to see if he was okay with that. When he nodded slightly, she took Ron's hand.

Upon reflection, Ron thought it might look strange that he was dancing with his other best friend, but Hermione had brightened considerably when he had asked, so he managed to push it away.

[They dance, they have a good time, they fall in lo- whoops, wrong story]

Eventually, Hermione grew tired, so Ron offered to grab her a butterbeer. He wandered off to a table with several goblets full of butterbeer ready to be picked up.

Sirius was there along with Lupin. As Ron drew near, Lupin rolled his eyes and walked off, smiling at Ron as he passed. Ron grinned back.

"What's that all about?" he asked Sirius.

Sirius heaved a great sigh as though in the midst of one of those Muggle tragedies Hermione had spoken about. "I'm afraid Moony just wouldn't be able to keep up with me on the dance floor."

Ron laughed. "Well, he couldn't be as bad as Harry. The first thing he did during the Yule Ball was step on my foot." He smiled a little at the memory.

"I can imagine." Sirius chuckled. "Where is he anyway?"

"Still sitting around probably." Ron looked around, but he couldn't see past the throngs of people. "Krum was with him when Hermione and I left."

Sirius looked like he was going to say more, but the arrival of a large, silver form landing in the middle of the dance floor stopped him.

Ron was too far away to hear what it said, but something heavy dropped in his stomach. And then somebody screamed.

Sirius gripped Ron's arm. "Find Harry and Hermione and get the hell out of here," he said. "I'll meet up with you as soon as I can." He disappeared into the crowd as people began Disapparating, Ron on his heels.

"Har- Hermione!" he yelled, only just remembering that yelling Harry's name was probably not a good idea. He caught a glimpse of Sirius fighting two Death Eaters alongside Fred and George; not far from them, Lupin and Tonks were shouting, "Protego!"

A Death Eater appeared directly in front of Ron. Without stopping to even remove his wand, Ron swung his fist. It slammed into the masked face with such force they staggered back and fell into a seat. Ron didn't wait around to see if they had been knocked out, just kept fighting the crowd.