Chapter Twelve

It was party time. A knock sounded at my door and Reece entered almost immediately. He didn't even wait for me to say he could come in. I think he was too eager to spend time with Harlow. I didn't blame him though. He was beyond smitten.

"Is that what you're wearing?" His eyes looked at me in disgust. "You have to have something in there better than this Charlee." He walked over and dumped my bag out that held the little clothes I had.

"Reece!" I exclaimed. I glared at him as he dug through my clothes. He had no luck.

"Alright. Give me a minute." Reece took off out of my room leaving my room a complete mess. I started folding my things while I waited for Reece to enter my room again. Within minutes he returned. "Put this on." He threw clothes at me and crossed his arms waiting.

I picked up the clothes and walked into my bathroom to change. "Reece what the, what is this?" I walked out feeling extremely uncomfortable. "I am not wearing this."

"Come on Charlee it looks great!" I stood there and gave Reece the death glare. Nothing about what I had on looked good. I walked into the bathroom changing the skirt he had given me into pants. When I walked out he sighed. "Fine this will do. At least you kept the shirt on."

"Compromise. I'm good at it. Deal with a four and five-year-old every day and you'll learn compromising. It's a great quality to have Reece."

With that we left to the party. My nerves were oddly calm. I didn't think they would be leading up to this moment. All I had to deal with though were my friends. There was nothing to worry about.

When we entered the party, music was playing and everyone was holding red solo cups which I assumed were filled with alcohol. My eyes studied my surroundings as Reece lead me to the crew. They were all sat in the living room of Harlow's house chatting and drinking.

Grayson patted a little spot on the couch next to him. I walked over taking the spot as I felt Pierce watching me again. He really hated the idea of Grayson and I. Just like I hated him and Ally. Over time I knew things would get better. It would just take time. I could deal with the glares for now.

"Want something to drink Charlee?" He held out his cup. I didn't really know how to respond. I think he could tell the panic on my face when he spoke again. "Doesn't have to be alcohol." He laughed. "Pierce and Harlow don't drink. You won't be left out I promise."

"I think I'm good right now. Thank you though." My mind was distracted by everything around me. As a person who their entire life was just an observer, this scene was overwhelming. I could tell it was going to be a very long night.

As the night went on I started to get more comfortable. I decided to take Grayson up on his offer for a drink. After the first drink though I was over it. Alcohol was never going to be my thing. It tastes absolutely disgusting. I was going to join Pierce and Harlow in the no drinking club.

"Probably should have warned you it doesn't have the greatest taste." Ally's bubbly voice spoke across from me.

"It's alright." I smiled. "Probably shouldn't anyways. You know? Based on my past and all. Better to stay clean and sober from everything."

"We don't really know your past." A harshness for the first time sounded from Ally. It shocked me. I guess her alcohol consumption was pulling out another side of her. "What? Did you come from drug addicts or something?"

"Ally I think that's enough." Pierce spoke. Everyone looked at him quickly. From their reaction I could tell this wasn't something he would ever do. He would let Ally walk all over him. He was broken and he needed someone to love him. Ally gave him that love even if she had to be the one in control of their entire relationship.