CH.42 Burn it all

Start from the beginning

"It's too simple and plane.," Owen looked into her gray eyes. "It can never fully express my feelings for you."

Mavi smiled as she bit down on her bottom lip, "Who knew you were such a romantic, Mr. Radacovick."

"Only you get me this way, Ms. Dorin," Owen kissed her jaw.

"I don't like that name," Mavi made a face.

"What name?"

"Ms. Dorin," Mavi laughed. "I like your name more......I want it."

Owen couldn't help the way his chest warmed. He tucked in a strand of her hair behind her ear and rubbed her face with his thumb.

"I'm yours, princess, " He whispered.

"I know," Mavi closed her eyes. "I would lose my mind if anything every hap-"

Before she could finish, Owen was kissing her again. Mavi was left breathless as he walked her up against the walls of the hall and pressed her down with his body. Owen kissed her with an urgency that left every inch of Mavi's body accelerated and on fire.

"Okay, oaky, cut it out you two," Exton's voice boomed from down the hall.

Owen pulled away from Mavi and they both turned to face Exton.

"We have a situation," The prince said motioning for his sister and her mate to follow him.

"We should have stayed in Juniper," Owen mumbled under his breath as he took hold of Mavi's hand and followed Exton. Mavi laughed as she smoothed her hair and fixed her shirt.

"What's going on?" She asked her brother as he led them down to the part of the palace where the King's guards were staying.

"Arion tried to flee," Exton said. Mavi rushed after him as he took long fast strides down the halls. He was tense and Mavi could tell there was more to the story.

"What do you mean?" Owen asked.

"Basil had scouts watching the pixie palace," Exton informed them. "They found him trying to portal out his court and leave."

"That bitch," Mavi shook her head.

"Is the palace surrounded?" Owen asked.

"Yes," Exton nodded. "The local pack is already there. They're waiting on us now."

Owen turned to look at Mavi. Before he could even formulate his thoughts, Mavi held up her hand.

"Don't you dare tell me to stay here." She said sternly.

Exton shook his head, "Yeah man. You're new, but you'll catch on. You can never tell the women in this family what to do."

Owen sighed, "A man can only dream."

Mavi and Exton both laughed as they walked into the large hall. The king's Guards all fell quiet as their eyes landed on them. Alec caught Mavi's eyes from the crowd and she gave him a small shy smile.

"Mavi you're staying with Owen," Xavier said as he and Basil came out of the side office. "Exton you're with me. Basil will take the packs."

Everyone nodded. The king's guards scrambled as Basil spun the ring on his fingers and opened the portal to Arion.

"Our priority is to capture him alive," Xavier said as he looked out at the guards. "Do not engage unless they attack first."

"Mavi," Exton quietly whispered into his sister's ears. He pulled her aside and gave her a pixie ring.

"What about you and dad?" Mavi asked as she watched her brother slip the ring into her fingers.

"You are more important," Exton said.