Chapter 21 - Shocking News - Mason's POV

We had been at this hospital for hours waiting to hear what is happening with Natasha. I have been pacing non stop since we got here. I'm so worried. Why would she do that to herself? I knew that she had been upset about what happened between us but I didn't realise that it was this serious.

The Doctor finally walked around the corner holding a clipboard.

"How is she?"

"Will she be ok?"

"When can we see her?"

My family bombarded him with questions.

"Natasha lost a lot of blood, and have you gotten to her any later then I don't think that we could've helped her." The Doctor informed us.

I let out a huge sigh of relief and sat down, giving my legs a rest from pacing.

"Although she does seem to be healing very slowly from the recent trauma." He continued.

"What recent trauma?" My mom asked, confused.

"We did a fully body examination to assess any further damage that Natasha may have done to herself and we found some slowly healing cut and bruises that are consistent with sexual assault. I was not aware that you did not know."

"What do you mean sexual assault? When could this have happened?" Mom was in a panic now, running her hands through her hair and starting to cry, her voice getting louder.

"Natasha was raped, Mrs Baker. Approximately a month ago from what I can tell. The injuries look to have been very severe because after all this time they are still very visible."

By now the tears were streaming down my mom's face. Everyone was in complete shock, especially me.

It all made sense now. The party, the crying, the depression. But who did this?