Chapter 3 - Settling in

Natasha's POV

I sat there for a while after everyone had left. They had all gone off in different directions mumbling half-hearted excuses. My mind was still trying to process all the new information it had been given. I had been sitting on the sofa for half an hour when I decided to get up and try to find my room. Louise said it had my name written on the door so it would be hard to miss, despite never having been anywhere in this house except the living room. It couldn't be that hard, could it?

It could. I had been walking round in circles for fifteen minutes before I gave up. I slumped against the wall and slid down it until I was sitting, defeated, on the floor. I was completely and utterly lost. This house had so many damn corridors but they all looked the same.

"Need some help?" a deep voice asked from above me, making me jump. I looked up from the ground and saw one of the Baker boys, I think it was Carson. I stood up quickly and brushed the non-existent dust off, a habit that I had somehow picked up.

"Um... yeah, I do actually. Carson, right?" I ask shyly, worried I'll get it wrong.

"Yep" he says popping the 'p'.

"Do you know where I could find my room?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, your room is a hallway away from mine and right next to Mason's which happens to be on the other side of the house." he said, smirking at me.

"I was going going the completely wrong way!" I exclaimed, frustrated with myself.

"Don't worry, it's an easy mistake to make. Follow me, it's this way." Carson turned around and started walking in the opposite direction. I stood there for a second before jogging slightly to catch up with him, my strides being almost half of his.

I followed him as he turned corner after corner, seeming to be going in a zig zag. After walking down about ten different corridors and passing even more doors, we finally reached a black door with the name Natasha written on it in fancy gold writing.

"Here it is. I'll be going then. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask, ok?" Carson said, walking back down the corridor we came, I'm guessing towards his room.

"Ok" I said and he turned and left, but not before giving me a wink.

I opened the door and stepped inside. Unsurprisingly, it was just as extravagant as the rest of the house, but still it shocked me. I had never seen a room as nice as this, and now it was mine. The theme was black and white, the carpet was black and the walls were white. Their was a really soft white rug, with a huge bed on top. The bed had a white comforter with a black flower pattern on it. There was a wide screen tv on the wall opposite the bed, a window seat with black pillows and a desk with a laptop and a spin chair. In the corner there was a white hanging with various black cushions on it. At the foot of the bed there were two black bean bags. Finally there were 2 doors, I opened the first door and found my very own en suite bathroom and I opened the second door and found a walk in closet already stocked with clothes that definitely weren't mine. I could never buy these clothes, let alone wear them. I found a note on the floor it read:

'I put your bag with all your old clothes in the draw in the corner, but you won't be needing those. These are clothes from my line so don't worry about money. Get settled in (and check the top draw of your desk),

Love Louise.'

My eyes welled up with tears. I couldn't remember the last time someone had been nice to me, let alone given me so much in just one day. They didn't even know me and they were treating me like a part of their family. I hadn't felt this loved since the day my mother died.

I wiped my eyes, took a few deep breaths to calm down and went over to the desk like Louise told me to, opening the draw. Sitting there was a brand new iPhone 6, still in its case.

The next thing I did was so out of character I shocked myself. I squealed. I squealed like a normal teenage girl who didn't have a care in the world. I sobered up pretty quickly and put it back down in the draw, deciding to set it up tomorrow.

I looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it was almost ten o'clock. I hadn't realised that it was so late. I walked over to my new closet, still on a high from everything that had happened today.

I opened various draws until I found one with things that vaguely looked like Pjs in it. I grabbed a tank top and some shorts, changing into them quickly.

I walked back into my room and then through to the ensuite. I don't think I would ever get used to that. This is more than I have ever had, even when my life was good. I brushed my teeth, washed my face and brushed my hair, throwing it up into a messy bun on top of my head. I then walked back into my room, switched off the lights and slipped into bed. My mind switched off as soon as my head hit the pillow, not having the energy to keep thinking, and I drifted into a, hopefully, dreamless sleep.

----------------------------------------

Pic of Rob on the side ->