Chapter Two: The Negotiator

DATENOV 6TH, 2o38TIME PM 12:41:05

DATE
NOV 6TH, 2o38
TIME
PM 12:41:05

To say Devon is exhausted is an understatement. She has been awake and working for almost seventeen hours. The woman tends to overwork herself, putting her body and mind on the line. She enjoyed working, or maybe it was just the fact she got to keep herself busy so she didn't have to think about her own problems.

The blonde detective walks through the door that just slides open for her, a steaming mug of coffee in one hand and her half-eaten chocolate bar in the other. She didn't know how many cups of coffee she's had in just today, she's lost count. She figured her blood type would just be coffee and sugar at this point. Devon's eyes land on Connor who was watching the glass window where Hank was interrogating the deviant on the other side. The detective stands next to the android. Devon reaches under her arm and grabs a granola bar, tossing it across the room.

The green wrapped bar smacks against her desired target's face, causing him to quickly catch the falling object in his hand. Grey eyes shift to her with a scowl. "Eat something." She mutters, taking a sip of her coffee. Gavin rolls his eyes but doesn't deny the fact he indeed needs to eat something. "Thanks, asshole." He rips open the packaging and she shifts her green eyes to watch Hank who was on the other side of the two-way mirror.

"Why'd you kill him?" Hank asks, leaning forward in his seat. The deviant has his head tilted downwards, looking at his hands that were cuffed to the table. "What happed before you took that knife?" Hank glances at the glass before looking back at the deviant. He probably wished Devon was in there with him. They usually did interrogations together but the woman suggested just doing one person at a time, not wanting to overload the android to which Connor agreed. Hank can come off as intimidating so it was nice to have her in the room cause she always seemed to calm people down without even trying to do so.

"How long were ya in the attic?" Hank asks but he was met with more silence. Devon takes a bite of her candy bar, savoring the sweet taste on her tongue. "Why didn't you even try to run away?" There was a longe pause and yet again, no answer. Hank reaches forward and snaps but that doesn't even get the deviants attention. Devon could tell her partner was getting frustrated at this point. "Say something, goddamnit!" Hank shouts, slamming his hands down on the table. The man shakes his head, standing to his feet with a dry chuckle. "Fuck it, I'm outta here..." Devon sighs, taking another drink of her coffee. The door to her left slides open and in walks her disgruntled partner.

"We're wastin' our time interrogation a machine, we're getting nothing out of it!" Hank says angrily, sitting down in a chair beside Chris. "Could always try roughing it up a little. After all, it's not human." Devon rolls her green eyes at the other detective in the room who was leaned against the wall now that he finished the snack she gave him. "Androids don't feel pain. You would only damage it and that wouldn't make it talk." Connor informs him as he gazes at the deviant. "Deviants also have a tendency to self-destruct when they're in stressful situations." He adds and Devon licks her lips. That seemed to be some good information to know.