Chapter 12 "I choose her"

Start from the beginning

"Oh what do we have here? We weren't expecting you, but thank you for minding showing up" Said Brian sarcastically as Paul walked in. I was hiding behind him. He held my hand very protectively as he encouraged me to stay hidden behind his body.

"I'm sorry. I had an emergency" Paul said quietly. He pretended to be brave, but I know him too well to notice he was afraid; I felt it by the way he held my hand.

"Paul! We performed without you! It was a mess; they hated me on your fucking vocals!" John glared at him.

"They tried to put me on bass! Aren't you going to say something?!" George looked as if he'd punch him anytime.

"I had an emergency!"

"Was that your emergency?" John pointed at my visible legs behind Paul's.

I thought it was pointless to keep hiding if I was already involved in the conversation, so I stepped forward slowly revealing myself; Paul held me by the wait as I did that.

"Oh fucking hell, you've got to be kidding me" Brian seemed to be feeling nauseous at the sight of the scene. He sat down on the nearest chair, and took a deep breath before he spoke again. "Paul, I thought we had already talked about this; we had a deal. You said you'd never do this again"

"You seriously brought her here?" George asked.

"You all are being so rude" Paul was getting mad. "You treat her as if she was a fucking sin, an evil, an unwanted creature, and it's not fair! This is not her fault, and you should respect her!"

Everyone was shocked at Paul's words. There was a long awkward pause after that, and Paul took the opportunity to look down at me, and stroked my cheek as he smiled giving me a little kiss. Everyone kept staring sceptic; they looked as though they were thinking that maybe someone else possessed Paul's body.

"Is this...real? Isn't it just a-?" George wanted to question if the hooker thing was getting serious, but Ringo interrupted.

"You're all acting like arseholes here, isn't it obvious enough? He's in love! He brought her with him for fuck's sake! From America! He skipped a concert; a thing he would never do. Aren't these enough proof? Is it really that impossible to believe that the guy is in love?" Ringo said.

"Still...Paul" Brian began "This is not the best choice for you...for both"

"Hey, but what about Jasmine?" John asked.

"John" Paul gritted his teeth "I haven't solved that yet"

"Oh, so Jasmine doesn't even have a clue about this?" Brian crossed his arms "Interesting, McCartney. Very interesting"

Jasmine? Who is Jasmine? And why do I have a bad feeling about this?

"Paul...?" I mumbled looking up at him.

"We'll have this conversation later, darling"

"Exactly. Have you decided what are you going to do now? Do you want to ruin your image? Breaking every little fan's heart by dating a girl their age, or worse, go to jail!" Brian said.

"I don't care, I'm a musician, I have no responsibility on that if they don't want to listen to my music no more, and no, I'm not going to jail because no one will discover her age"

"Are you sure no one will know?" He dared him.

"Yes...because you won't say anything" Paul raised an eyebrow.

"Paul..." He sighed. "Why are you making this so difficult to handle?"

"Paul, please get your feet back on the ground. What is happening? Don't you care about the group anymore?" George asked him.