Chapter 38 "It's her only"

"Sophie?" I frowned. "What are you doing here? Oh, let me guess. You want to know if you still have a chance with my ex? Well you're too late. He's taken by another woman by now" I was about to close the door right in her face, but she stopped me.

"Victoria... wait" She said quietly.

"What?!"

"Can I come in for a second?"

"No. What do you want? I already told you Paul's not single anymore. You can see it for yourself. Go to his house. He lives with her" I crossed my arms.

"He gave me your new address, and... you're wrong. He is single"

"No he is not" I said quietly. "And I don't want to talk about it. You don't need to know it, but that relationship makes me sick. And why did he give you my address?"

"He is single, Victoria. He broke up with that girl because he loves you"

"Bah. Lies" I chuckled.

"It's true. I came here to confess something" She mumbled.

"Recalling you naked with my ex makes me sick too, y'know" I actually felt nausea when I said that.

"Listen, I am sorry about what you saw. It's nothing like you thought it was. That night Paul was very drunk yes. Some guys offered us some weird drinks which the boys gladly accepted, but I rejected them. John asked Paul to drop me at my place because I was a little drunk too, but he was too wasted, so he forgot about it, and drove home with you instead. When we got there, I told him it was okay, and I was going to take a taxy or something. Paul said yes, and said he was going to take a shower because he didn't want to get in bed with you stinking of alcohol and Tabaco and...god I am so embarrassed to tell you this" She looked down as he began to cry silently.

"I really don't want to keep listening, I've been ignoring picturing that for a reason and..." I panted a little as I talked.

"Please let me finish" She begged as she grabbed my hand. "When Paul got in the shower, he thought I had left, and...I followed him to the bath. I began to harass him... I thought it was my only chance to be with him at least for one night because I was sure he wouldn't remember anything the next day. I tried kissing him, touching him, I even... took all of my clothes off to seduce him... nothing worked. He got mad, grabbed his towel, got out of the shower, and asked me to leave. I refused to, and that's how we got into an argument. He then passed out, and I fell asleep beside him too"

It was too much information for my head to process at a time. I was still very confused.

"What? How? I can't even think of all you're saying at once. It's too much!" I complained "Is this even true? If it is true, why do you tell me about this right now? Why until now and not when I saw you and Paul?"

"I'm sorry, Victoria... I felt...too embarrassed of myself. I didn't want you to know what I wanted from your man since you were always very nice to me. You didn't deserve it... so I preferred to simply walk away. I had no idea you would break up with him" She looked down as she kept crying quietly.

"Well I did..." I mumbled.

"I'm really sorry. I thought you loved him so much you would believe him. He just told me you didn't want to listen" She said as she calmed down a bit

"Walking away was the worst thing you could have done..." I said as I began to cry too. "Did you see what you caused because you decided to keep your mouth shut?! I broke up with the love of my life, and now I am seeing George!"

"Victoria, please forgive me. I am here trying all the ways as possible to fix the damage I caused. I already talked to Paul, and he said he'll forgive me only if you believe in what I say...because it's true. It's not too late, y'know? He is no longer seeing his ex"