Wrath of the Trickster

Disclaimers: I do not own Fairy Tail.

A/N: So in self-quarantine at my house and you think I would be able to get some writing done for stories like Right Claw and such. Unfortunately, all I got was writer's block, so I shift focus to this story to help me break out of it. Let's see how it goes.

This story was semi-beta by Tenryu no hoko who has been a massive help in idea swapping and such. Check out their stories, "Times Comes Around" "Tales of the Romeoverse", and "Heart of the Flames" when you have the chance.

Also check out my other stories like, "The Wild Master", "A Child of Fire and Brimstone" and the Fiery Hurricane series.

Please leave a Review, Fav, or Follow, if you want.

Chapter 7

Wrath of the Trickster

Magnolia Hospital

"So as you can see, this deal works out for both parties", Macao finishes explaining to the head doctor, "Wendy provides her healing magic to your facility at a part-time wage, while you get someone who can clear up all the backlog of patients you got and free up your personnel."

Dr. Hiaser Mcnuddet, the head of staff at Magnolia Medical Center, rubs his chin as he ponders the idea. With over fifty years of experience, he always wondered about the possibilities of magic being used alongside practical medical knowledge. Up until little over seven years ago, he thought healing magic was a lost art, at least that's what his old friend and drinking buddy, Makarov, used to tell him. But that all change once the girl in question joined up with Fairy Tail. But that idea came and went as quickly as the young lady did after that Tenrou fiasco.

But apparently the gods work in mysterious ways and somehow both Makarov and Wendy survive that incident.

"You know, Macao", Hiaser began, "When I personally bought you into this world all those years ago, I somehow had the distinct feeling that you would grow up to be the type of person who would do anything they could to make a profit."

Macao's face goes red from embarrassment, "Don't know what you're talking about, Mr. Mcnuddet. This is just so Wendy can have a little extra money on the side to help her get back on her feet."

"Along with giving Fairy Tail getting a good reputation among the townfolks with her helping out here", Hiaser quickly adds, "You don't have to lie to me, Macao. I do realize that you're really doing this to actually help the girl, it just happens to have an added bonus."

A moment of silence passes between the two men as Macao keeps eye contact with the doctor from across the desk between them.

"So can she work here then?"

Outside the office, Wakaba and Wendy sat at the end of the hallway, with the older mage grumbling to himself over having to put out his cigar before coming in and the younger one fretting over whether or not the hospital would accept the offer put forth by the guild. Due to the distance from the office and the fact that Dr. Mcnuddet actually has his room soundproof through magical runes, even her enhanced hearing couldn't pick up on the conversation.

She didn't know who came up with the idea for her to work here once she told the rest of the guild about how the lack of jobs was not helping her money issues. While most of the other girls who were on Tenrou were able to get by selling some of their old stuff, Wendy didn't really have much to call her own even back when she was with Cait Shelter. She was barely able to pay the first month's rent at Fairy Hills but if she didn't get some decent income soon, she wouldn't be able to make the next month's rent.