Lucy Takes On A Pupil

Disclaimers: I do not own Fairy Tail, Dungeon Dragon, or Pathfinder.

A/N: Last chapter before we actually get to see some training and action.

Lucy Takes On A Pupil

Chapter 3

The five of them sat around in a circle outside; Romeo, Lucy, Natsu, Happy, and Kasai looking at one another while the rest of the guild stayed inside finishing repairs while Macao talked to Master Makarov. Lucy decided that it would best to talk to Romeo and Kasai away from the guild hall and everyone else but brought Natsu along just to be on the safe side.

"So...?", Lucy started while eyeing the Fire Spirit and scooting closer to Natsu, still warily after his outburst, "Romeo, how about you tell us your side of the story?

"Ain't much to talk about. Like my dad said, some ancestor of mine from way back when made a pact with the Emperor dude for our family line to become stronger in magic and now I'm paying for it", Romeo shrugs, "And now I have to deal with Kasai."

"You make it sound like it's a bad thing", came the response from the burning kitsune as he stretches himself, scorching the grass underneath him.

"But maybe there is a way to break the pact", Lucy says while putting her hand on her chin, "If you could somehow find a way out of it...."

"No can do! Binding contract and all! Completely unbreakable!!", the kitsune yips, startling Lucy and causing Natsu to take a defensive stance.

"Okay", Lucy said slowly, "I actually have a question for you, Kasai."

"Let her rip, C-Spirit", he replies.

"C-Spirit?", Lucy questions.

"You're the summoner for most of the Celestials guys, so yeah, it fits", Kasai states.

"Fine, whatever", Lucy sighs for she already picked up on the Elemental Spirit's habit for giving everyone nicknames, "Now could you tell us what exactly are you?"

"Ahh, you Short Lives and your questions", Kasai chuckles, "If you must know, I am fire in its purest state. The raw unfiltered, uncontrollable, power of the flame put into a solid physical form, given flesh and sentience", he explains as sits on his rear and brings himself up to his full height, "To stand against me at my strongest is to stand against nature itself. I am no less a force of nature when I'm at the peak of my power."

Natsu, Lucy, and Happy look at Kasai in awe for a period of time, with the dragon-slayer even slightly drooling out his mouth.

Eventually, Lucy snaps out of it though, "Forgive me but what was that you said about the contract from earlier?"

In The Guild Hall

"The contract was made gods know when in the Far East and it's an unbreakable pact", Macao explains to Master Makarov back in the guild hall, "For centuries the Elemental Spirit Emperor granted my family line with esteem prowess in the elemental magics and now we must be the caretakers of the elemental spirits, at least that's what my father and grandfather told me on my thirteenth birthday."

"Hmm", Makarov lets out as he nods his head, "And you hesitated in explaining this to Romeo why?"

"I thought it was a joke. Like there was no possible way they were being serious", Macao confess, "I mean, I have heard about the Celestial Spirit King, but the Elemental Spirit Emperor? I seriously thought they were trying to pull the wool over my eyes."