Fire's True Nature

Disclaimers: I do not own Fairy Tail. If I did Romeo would be having to choose between Wendy and Chelia as the two drown him in affection.

A/N: Okay, Chapter 6. Enjoy everyone.

I would like to thank Tenryu no Hoko for basically being a beta for this chapter as they are someone I exchange ideas with and get good feedback from. Check out their stories if you have the chance.

Please leave a Review, Fav, or Follow if you want and check out my other stories like, The Last Fire Mage, A Child of Fire and Brimstone, and Wild Master.

Chapter 6

Fire's True Nature

It was the rattling of the train cart that woke Romeo up, his eyes fluttering open to stare straight up at the roof of the car. He grabs the back of the seat he was laying on and pulls himself upright. As he looks around he quickly notices that he was alone in the compartment.

"Where is everyone?", he asks before turning his attention back to the matter at hand and why he passed out in the first place. The last thing he remembers was casting a spell for Kasai but not long afterward he felt a drain of energy and then his world went dark.

"What happened?", he asks himself but then he notices something through the window across the aisle from him. Upon closer examination, he realizes that he was staring at Mt. Hakobe in the distance and it was getting closer.

"Why are we heading back to Magnolia?", Romeo asks himself before the sound of the compartment door opening draws his attention down the aisle where he spots Wendy coming in. She looks up and instantly freezes upon locking eyes with Romeo and the boy mirrors her actions. Only the whistle of the train and wheels on the tracks could be heard in the compartment as the two young mages just look at one another.

A blush began to emit from Wendy's face as she slowly puts her hand down toward the hem of her dress, almost as if she was expecting it to fly up without warning. Without saying a word, she turns around and heads back through the door, closing it behind her.

Romeo lets out a sigh, "Great, now she won't even talk to me. Thanks a lot, Kasai."

"You call for me, Kit?", Romeo hears as a summoning circle appears behind him and soon the towering kitsune was looking down at the boy from a sitting position. Anger flashed across the boy's face as he turns around and looks up at the smiling spirit, "Oh, are you mad? I don't know why seeing how if anyone should be displeased, it should be me."

"Oh really?", Romeo growls though in the back of his mind a thought plagues him, "How long was I out for if he's able to summon himself?"

"Yes, if I would have known that a simple magic spell like Fireball would have drained you completely of your magic, I would have just keep using my teeth and claws to defeat Taurus", Kasai brags, "My expectations of you were extremely low, to begin with, but somehow you manage to disappointment me."

Burning with rage, Romeo jumps up and slaps Kasai across the face, the smack resounding throughout the cart and catching the "Trickster" off guard who afterward could only stare down at the boy in mild surprise, as his face didn't move at all from the impact.

"You listen here!", Romeo started, "I about had it with you and your attitude problem! I'll take those insults from Virgo but not...from...you?", as he finds the words dying in his throat as the kitsune began to rear himself up to his full height, making himself even more daunting in his appearance.