At first the demigod made no sign of hearing you. The tide continued to ripple around his ankles playfully. A soft, almost happy, gurgling sound emanated from the luminous water.

"Jungkook," you called again.

He finally seemed to stir at your voice and looked over his shoulder. There was a deceiving serenity about his smooth features For when you met his eyes you could see an unexplainable wildness in them, a spirit untamed in the depths of those midnight pools.

"Your father is alright now?" asked Jungkook quietly.

You blinked at him. How did he...?

Realization clicked. "It was you," you whispered in amazement. "You really..." Your voice was lost as emotion choked them off.

A small smile tugged at his mouth. "I did the best I could. He still needs a lot of rest. But he'll be okay now."

That explained his mysterious disappearance for an hour or two. If you had the courage, you would've launched yourself in his arms that instant and kissed the living daylights out of him.

Instead, you opted to approach and throw your arms around him tightly. The few tears that escaped your eyes were quickly hidden in his shirt as you buried your nose in it. "Thank you," you murmured.

A soft chuckle vibrated deep within Jungkook. "Anything for you, sweetheart. Now look up, I want to show you something. And I need you to trust me."

You obediently peered up at him. A small gasp escaped you as the water around his fingertips blazed up like silver fire for a moment before falling and simmering back down to the main body of the ocean with a soft hiss. Now in his hand dangled a delicate chain, like a string of starlight. And in the middle of the chain was a small blue jewel, the color of clearest cerulean.

"What museum did you steal that necklace from?" You asked warily. "Jungkook, if you used your water powers to snag that necklace illegally..." Gods help us.

"It's a protection amulet made of the ocean itself."

You peered at his face, expecting a teasing glint in his eyes. Something that told you he was pulling your leg. But no, there was no trace of his usual impish attitude. "You're kidding right?"

Jungkook sighed softly. "This is why I need you to trust me. This necklace holds a piece of the ocean's heart and my own magic in it. It'll protect you from any Olympian, demigod or alike, from harming you."

Sounded like a gimmick. Nevertheless you forced a small smile. "Thanks."

Jungkook pouted. "You don't believe me."

You grimaced at that. "Look, I really do appreciate your thoughts. And I won't deny the necklace does look beautiful and magical. But... why now?"

It wasn't like a crazy demigoddess ex-girlfriend was threatening your life or anything recently where the "protection amulet" might've been more helpful.

"I told you. There's something in the air." Jungkook's eyes flickered out to where the horizon of the ocean melted into darkness. "It's this electrical sensation and it's been getting stronger ever since we first got here. The ocean itself is troubled. And I don't like it."

Based off the happy gurgling the ocean had just been emitting you didn't think the ocean was that troubled. Nevertheless, worry ignited in you and you reached up to cradle the side of Jungkook's face. "Hey look at me," you murmured. When he did you offered him a genuine smile. "It's going to be okay, alright? You're probably just tired. We should both get to sleep soon, yeah?"

Jungkook nodded once. "Wear the necklace. Please, Y/N? For me?" He pleaded once again.

You'd have to be a monster if you denied those round doe eyes of his. You caved in. "For you."

You brushed your hair to the side and allowed him to put on the delicate jewelry. The chain felt light as a feather and surprisingly cool against your skin. Little sparks ran down your spine as Jungkook stood behind you, clipping on the necklace. He was so close that you could feel his breath brush against the back of your neck and a sudden urge to turn around and kiss him seized you.

You internally groaned at the wild thoughts. Why did you have to possess such irrational cravings?

Your mind came to a grinding halt however when Jungkook suddenly wrapped his arms around your, pulling you firmly against his chest in a solid back hug. Your body was rendered useless at the sudden gesture and your very heart began to go into hyperdrive when he went as far as to bury his face into the crook of your neck.

When he spoke his warm breath rushed across your skin, setting it on fire. But his words seemed to warm and melt your very soul.

"I just don't want anything to happen to you, sweetheart."

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

He's a Demigod ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें