•12• Beatings

Start from the beginning

"Drink then we'll talk," she said softly

I nodded and drank my water before sighing and looking at her.

"Why'd he do this?" I asked

"I don't know, but we'll get through it, so the doctors said you have a fractured bone that will heal on its own if you're careful you should be okay in 4 weeks at the earliest. Other than that you are fine just a very small concussion like me" she explained.

I nodded and sighed.

"Where is Jordan?" I asked

"Outside talking with your boss and school director to give you some more time off"

"Okay"

*•*•*
1 week later
*•*•*

"Ready to go back to school?" Tyler asked

"Never! But I have no choice now do I" I chuckled

I still had a brace on my arm for my fractured wrist but other than that my dad disappeared haven't seen him for a while so the bruises he left are finally starting to fade.
Just another three weeks till my checkup for my arm.

"Alright, well I'm just glad you're okay boo! So ready to go we can go by Starbucks" Dylan says

"That would make my entire day let's go!" I smiled and hopped off my bed and followed the two boys to Dylan's Jeep.

*

After Dylan and I got drinks at Starbucks we headed to campus.

I had an early class and then a late class.

First was math then English.

An hour and a half later I was done with math and decided to walk to a fast-food restaurant close to the campus to get something to eat.

After getting my food I sat down and was about to peacefully eat when two baboons sat down in front of me.

"Why do y'all show up everywhere I am?" I sighed, took a bite of my food, and did my best to ignore them and my shaking body, just from their presence.

"Uh because we have to," Ace said glancing at Jaycee who glared at him.

"Why?" I asked skeptically.

"We can't say, listen we just wanted to talk and keep you company for a few if you don't mind," Jaycee said.

"It seems I have no choice" I sighed

"What happened to your arm?" Ace asked

I looked at it and froze. I can't possibly tell them what happened. Both of their eyes narrowed at me as I struggled to come up with an answer.

"I tripped?" I nervously chuckled in question.

They both looked at me before shaking it off.

"Right," Jaycee replied knowing better than to believe me.

"So how have you been?" Ace asked changing the subject.

"As good as I can be," I said subjectively

"Let's not get depressed over here, tell us about yourself, what's some of your favorite things to do, favorite colors anything you want to tell us," Jaycee said with a charming smile.

I couldn't help but smile back, thankful for the change in atmosphere.

"Sure, but let's walk," I say and get up throwing away my trash.

They followed me outside and just as we were about to walk away Tyler and Dylan caught my attention.

"Tatum hey- wow big guys," Dylan said stopping in front of me.