Chapter 27

3rd Person POV -

"Angel, Angel," a voice whispers causing Angel to stir from her slumber. With a groan, Angel opens one eye. Looking out in front of her before opening the other. The room is still dark, and all she can make out in the room is the faint silhouette of a man.

"Nik, Kol?" Angel questions sleepily, confused why someone was waking her up so early.

"I'm afraid not," the voice comments. As soon as the words are spoken Angel's eyes spring open, her previous tiredness being forgotten. She knew that voice.

"Elijah," Angel gasps. Jumping out of the bed and speeding to the light switch and switching it on. The sudden light made everything blurry for a moment before Angel's eyes settled. Specifically on the suit-clad man standing next to her bed.

"How, but," She splutters before she can say anything, lips cover her mouth, causing her words to stop. After only a couple seconds, Angel pushed him away. Anger covering her features as she recalls what happened.

"How are you alive? You know what, don't answer that right now. What were you thinking? Why would you sacrifice your life, kill yourself just to keep me alive? There could have been another way, we could have found another way." Angel yells, the noise-causing Nik and Kol to come into the room. Surprise covering their features, although before they can say anything Elijah waves his hand to signal them out of the room. Mouthing 'later' to them as a signal that he'd tell them everything later.

He needed a few minutes alone with her right now.

"Angel," he tries to interrupt her. Her words stopped him again, "Elijah. I thought you were dead," She finally stops. The anger in her face starting to fade into sadness. Elijah tries to speak now, but again Angel interrupts him. This time by leaping into his arms.

"I missed you," she whispers into his neck. Tears starting to grow in the corner of her eyes. "I missed you so much," She continues. Grabbing onto him tighter, and digging her face more into his neck.

Stroking her hair softly, Elijah lets her cry into his shoulder. After a few minutes of her crying, it starts to slow down until it's only soft hiccups. Only a couple of minutes later, Angel's asleep. Still in Elijah's arms.

Smiling softly, Elijah sets here down in the bed. Covering her in the soft white sheets, and placing a single kiss on her forehead before walking out of the room. Shutting off the light, and lightly shutting the door behind him.

Speeding down to the 'livingroom' of the house, Elijah pours himself a glass of whiskey before downing it in one gulp. Coming back from the dead was not an easy task, and all he wanted to do right now was sleep. But first, he had to tell his brother how exactly he was brought back from the dead. He knew they wouldn't let him sleep until they knew.

"Brother," Elijah hears Niklaus state as he hears 2 sets of footsteps descend the stairs. Although, before they can ask any question. Elijah takes out 2 more glasses and fills them with whiskey. Turning around with one in each hand as a silent gesture.

As soon as Klaus and Kol each take a glass, the formerly dead original turns to take a seat on the couch.

"So, Niklaus. Kol. What would you like to know?" The man questions, joining his hands together and placing them on his knees.

"How exactly are you alive, Lijah'? No offense and all, but we watched you stab a white oak stake into your heart." Kol asks, moving to sit in a dark red armchair across from Elijah. A confused smirk on his face.

Letting out a small chuckle, the suited original pauses for a moment. Thinking of how to answer the question when he didn't know an exact answer himself.