Confession?

It was early in the morning when Marinette was suddenly awoken by Adrien.

"Sorry, but I have to leave now." He said.

She rubbed her eyes sleepily and asked. "Where? It's so sudden? Is everything okay?"

He gently smiled and nodded. "Yeah, my father just wanted me to accompany him to a meeting."

"Oh, alright. Have a safe trip!" She said before she went back to sleep. All she heard was a muffled thank you which she barely heard and then she zoned out.

The second time she awoke she realized that it was in the afternoon. From what she noticed was the fact that Adrien was not back yet. She pushed the thought away and got ready for the day.

When she went down to the dining hall, she saw the queen sitting and having breakfast by herself. "Good morning, your highness." She bowed before taking a seat infront of the Queen.

"Good morning to you too, dear." The queen softly smiled at Marinette.

"Aren't the king and prince back yet?" She asked.

"Not yet! The king had an important meeting which seems to be a very long one and it was sudden that Adrien had to join the meeting so everything was rushed." The queen explained.

"Is it serious?" Marinette asked with worry visible on her face.

"Don't worry, it's nothing serious." The queen answered and then excused herself to go do her daily duties.

After finishing her meal, Marinette headed to the garden and sat down on the bench. She was enjoying her surroundings when all of a sudden she heard an unpleasant voice.

"Look who's here!" Said the annoying person that Marinette was not looking forward to hear.

"Greetings to you Lady Chloe." Marinette faked a smile. On the other hand, Chloe rolled her eyes and walked towards her.

'Too much for being kind to a visitor.' Marinette thought.

"Drop the fake sweetness, where's my Adrikins?" She asked.

"Oh if it's my husband you're looking for he's not home at the moment." Marinette glared at her.

"What a shame! I brought some great news to my Adrikins." She sighed and then a smirk appeared on her face directed at Marinette.

"Well, it's something I promised to tell my fia- ex-fiancé first so I shouldn't tell an outsider about it." Chloe flicked her hair.

"That outsider you're talking about is his wife now!" Marinette said angrily.

"On papers only honey, after all he was forced to marry you." Chloe smirked.

"He wasn't forced, he was asked to and besides he agreed on the marriage so he had a choice." Marinette said.

"Well, it's not anything special like if it weren't for you he could've easily married any human girl but seems like your father insisted on it." Chloe said.

"W-what? My dad wouldn't sell me out like that!" Marinette said.

"How would you know? There were talks about marrying Adrien to a town's girl when your father interrupted and suggested that you'd get to marry him." Chloe said. "So it wasn't king Agreste's idea it was your father's."

"B-but..." Marinette started but was stopped by Adrien who entered the scene.

"Chloe, what are you doing here?" He asked.

"Adrikins, I have some good news for you! Apparently daddy said that now that everything is fine between both kingdoms, you can get a divorce!" She said excitedly.

Adrien was dumbstruck, he didn't know how to react before he could say anything, Marinette decided that it was time for her to leave or else she'd breakdown infront of Chloe and she didn't want for that to happen.

"If you'll excuse me I need to go!" She said before she rushed back into the mansion and went to her room.

"So... what do you think Adrikins? Good news right?" Chloe said enthusiastically.

"Why did you say that?" He asked.

"Say what?" She asked innocently acting as if she didn't know what he was talking about.

"Why did you tell her? Why did you tell her that it was all her father's doing?" He asked angrily. "Didn't I tell you not to get in my business? Why don't you ever listen to me?"

He shouted and then headed towards the mansion but before entering he said. "You disappoint me!"

At that moment, Chloe regretted what she did. She felt miserable that she annoyed her beloved Adrien whom she have known for years but what hurt her the most was the fact that it was all for Marinette.

Adrien walked into the room and found Marinette sitting on the bed crying her eyes out. "W-why didn't you tell me?"

He didn't say anything and so Marinette repeated the question. "Why? Was it fun keeping it to yourself while everyone knew and I didn't as the stupid person I am?" She shouted.

"I- I didn't want to hurt you." He said sadly as he came and stood infront of her.

"Too late." She cried. "I thought I could trust you, I thought we didn't have any secrets between us!"

"I am sorry!" He apologized.

"You know, Chloe is right!" She wiped her tears and looked at him. "We really should get a divorce!"

Adrien was shocked, he didn't expect things to go down so quickly. "N-no" he said quietly.

"Let's get this over with, besides you could've married anyone instead of tolerating me it's not like we married out of love." She said with a fake smile.

"It was like that at first, yeah we were forced to marry, yeah it was your dad who suggested that, sure it wasn't out of love but all of that changed as I got to know you better. I got to know your new sides, your habits, your smile, your kindness and I learnt about things I never knew existed. All of that made me change my opinion of humans, of you, they made me learn to love myself, learn to love people and more than that made me learn to love..... you." He explained as he was holding her hands.

Marinette was shocked she wasn't sure what she just heard, she was wondering if she was imagining things or if this all was a dream. "You... love me?"

He took a hold of her face and nodded then placed a kiss on her lips. "I'm in love with you!"

At that moment, Marinette cried again but this time it was tears of happiness. "I love you too!"

Took them long enough right?
How was it? Did you like it? Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'll try to update as much as I can!

Hope you're all doing well and are taking good care of yourselves!
Stay safe everyone!