The News

I was sitting by the window as I watched the colorful flowers sway from right to left. The sound of my door unlocking snapped me from my trance. I looked up with a smile on my face expecting it to be my maid-who also happens to be my best friend, Alya- I was flabbergasted to see my very own mother standing before me. She usually barely spares me a glance due to her being busy while fulfilling her duties as a queen.

I bowed my head. "Hello Mother!" I chirped as I sent her a heart-warming smile. To think that I was gleeful would be an understatement to say the least. "What brings you here?"

She sat on my bed and called out to me. "Come here Sweetie."  in which I obeyed.

She held my hands and gave me a sweet smile. "I have some very good news for you." I raised my eyebrows as I excitedly anticipated the news.

"You know how kids grow up and have to take some responsibilities away from their parents. I never realized how fast time goes by." 

"Can you please get straight to the point?" I asked as I couldn't hold in my excitement.

"You are getting married!" She said as if it was the best thing that she has ever heard.

"Yay- Wait what?" I blinked continuously until I was sure that my eyelids were about to fall off. 

"Can you repeat what you just said because I am sure I misheard you." I responded.

"You are getting married to the vampire prince!"

Silence was radiating for a few seconds when all of a sudden a shriek coming from my room went roaming all around the kingdom.