She couldn't afford to get them both killed, so she covered his mouth and shook her head, hoping that the boy got her message of 'don't speak'. Her head whipped around to the dense forest path where she had just come out from, squinting her eyes to see in the dark, with the only light being the full moon's light shining on the ground periodically.

An eerie silence filled the area where they stood, the girl's hand still covering the boy's mouth as he stood still as stone and standing in a stance to get ready and run when the time came. She couldn't feel any of the wounds that she had endured, nor any of the immense pain that she was probably going to feel later--if there was a later--but she wouldn't allow herself to focus on that at the moment. The thing she needed to focus on was getting both of them out alive.

A low growl erupted from the dark path, the girl's panic-stricken face contorted into fear as she grabbed the boy's hand with no hesitation and started to run.

Surprisingly, the boy she was pulling along was keeping up with her easily, running nearly faster than her, almost as if he ran around these woods for fun.

They both ran for their lives through the forest that had branches swiping at their legs that left bloody scratches, slippery leaves that tried to make them fall, twigs that sprouted from the ground to trip them, but they kept going.

The girl's mind was preoccupied with so many things it was overwhelming and horrifying. She was numb from the past events, not even starting to feel the aftermath. Flashes of images from the previous events started to trickle into her head, making her vision start to blur once again. She had to hold it in though, needing to at least escape before breaking down. Her mind was trained on one thing and one thing only and that was getting out of this alive.

As they continued to run, the teenager besides the girl started to take the lead, not saying anything, but their eyes connected. In that single moment the boy could see the pure fear evident in her deep brown eyes, which made him more determined to help her.

She ended up following him through the deep dark woods, fearful that he wasn't trustworthy, but she didn't have much of a choice at the moment as the howls of the enemies from behind got closer.

The brown haired kid led her out of the forest and onto an abandoned road with only some street lamps lighting their way. Relief was a natural reflex when something happily unexpected happens, like how this kid, that she just bumped into--literally--was helping her and guiding her around this place that she knew none of.

The girl didn't admire the tall green tree's or the beautiful stars in the sky above her that seemed to sparkle like small diamonds as she continued to run out in the open towards a tall building in her eyesight. If she wasn't trying to be murdered, she might've taken a moment and looked at how beautiful the sky was above her.

From what she could tell, it was definitely a high school from the sign that said "Beacon Hills High School'' in the parking lot that was barely filled.

She didn't know of a place called Beacon Hill's--how far out was she?

Bolting through the unusually large school and up the outside stairs, there were a pair of door's that appeared to be the entrance. Coming to a fleeting stop, breathing heavy and ragged, the girls heart dropped  practically stopped seeing a silver metal shine through the door handles.Thinking that they were doomed, the girl was about to turn around and look for another way in, but without wasting a minute, the boy yanked the chains clean off, leaving the girl speechless.

She didn't question his unusual strength and just fell through the doors along with the guy to her right. They closed the door behind them, feeling the navy blue doors shut as they put their back against them.