4/3/20

Day 18:

    Sorry I didn't have a journal yesterday.  I didn't feel like anything happened that was worth writing about.  I did go for another swim, which was very fun and freezing cold.  It's supposed to start raining again this weekend, which is kind of annoying, but I do love the rain.  I just wish the rest of my family did so I would have someone to go out with on a bike ride or something in the rain.  I love biking in the rain.  I biked to school every day for 4 years, and I always loved it when it was early in the morning, biking down a hill, feeling the cool spray of rain on my face, free from gravity and reality.

    Spring break is next week.  For the first time ever, I'm not looking forward to it.  In fact, I'm dreading it.  It means I'll be stuck home for a week with no schoolwork or class meetings to distract me.  No structure at all.  I'm hoping I'll be able to be productive and get projects done, but I'll probably end up doing nothing all week, spending all day on my phone.  I think I'm going to try to build an attachment to my bike basket to hold my cats to take one of them for a ride.  I'm that bored.  But somehow, I still avoid doing anything productive.

    My school has been cancelled (with online learning) through the end of the year.  I'm not going back to school until mid-August.  That is absolutely insane.  There's going to be no end-of-the-year rallies or spirit weeks.  No laughing with friends at lunch under the blazing hot sun and all standing in the snack line for a cold drink.  No building a boat as our final in engineering and racing it across the pool that is my home.  No stifling days sitting in the stuffy locker room by the pool that smells more like chlorine than sweat.  Or maybe we're sweating chlorine.  I wasn't going to talk about this because I don't like to sound like I'm bragging, but this was my first season swimming varsity.  I worked really hard to qualify for varsity in two events as an underclassman and I didn't even get to swim varsity at a single meet because all but the first meet - where I swam JV - got cancelled.  The only consolation is that I only had to swim the 200 I'M and 100 fly once.  Honestly, I would rather swim a 500 fly at every meet until the end of the season if we could just have our season back.  Sorry, I got all melancholy again, but it's hard to avoid the feeling when you're stuck inside all day with everything you love to do cancelled.

    On the plus side, I've read some pretty good books, so if anyone needs recommendations, hit me up.  Also please give me some of your guys' recommendations, cause I'm rapidly running out.