4/1/20

Day 16:

    I made ice cream today from my grandpa's recipe and fudge sauce from my grandma's.  When I called to ask them for my recipe my grandma tried to drag the conversation out, asking me about school and my siblings and how my friends are doing.  She and my grandpa can't go anywhere.  They don't even get the reprieve of going to the grocery store occasionally like I do.  We had to host my grandpa's birthday party over zoom on Sunday, and we made cake and ice cream to bring over to them, careful to stay 6 feet away.

    It's weird to think that today is day 16, and we still have 32 days left of this madness.  It's hard to do anything productive, and if I have a call or something scheduled, I get nothing done in the hour before it because 'I don't have any time until then.'  It's pretty bad.

   Also, it's April Fool's Day, but I feel like nobody's fooling.  I haven't been pranked at all, and my brother never misses an excuse to be annoying.  We've all just universally, subconsciously agreed that we don't need any added stress this year.  I don't know if that's just my experience or if it's universal.  Sorry, this journal has been pretty depressing and not fun to read lately - my quarantine has been depressing and not very fun lately.  Hope y'all are doing better than I am.