41| Reversed & Cursed

Start from the beginning

"Morning? I don't count two in the morning as the morning yet, but I stopped throwing up after the first two days. Now I'm just super nauseous and can barely eat anything," I tell her and her happiness turns to concern, taking out her small notepad and jotting down a few notes. 

"That could be why you're not showing. You need to watch yourself and eat a lot more than you're used too because the baby's growing so rapidly. I thought it might be easier for you than it was for these two considering you're alpha status but it seems I was mistaken. I'll mix a few herbs together in the lab and have it delivered to you later," She explains and I can already see the gears turning in Tristan's head as he tried to figure out how he was going to get me to eat more when I can barely handle vanilla yogurt.  

"Also because there have been no studies on alpha pregnancies, I would steer on the side of caution and recommend there be no intercourse for the duration," She says and I feel a little bit of my spirit die with her words. How the fuck am I supposed to go without sex for four more months when I have the sexiest men alive for mates? 

"If you do decide to, I recommend you're very..." she looks directly at Remy as if she knows and he takes just his hands off the babies to raise them up like he's innocent, "Very," She continues and stares at Noah next who blinks rapidly like he couldn't possibly fuck me into oblivion, "...gentle," She finishes by narrowing her all-knowing gaze at me and packs up her things into a small suitcase, bowing before leaving. 

I run my hand over my sticky abdomen after I got off as much of the gell as I could. I wonder what my little guy could possibly be up to in there. Dying of boredom? I know I would. My stomach suddenly growls and if I could scold them already I would. Like maybe they wouldn't be so hungry if they let me eat something real for a change. 

"I hate to cut this moment short, but you still have that meeting with the elders about Connor," Noah reminds me and I get back up, walking over to the closet and tossing on a new shirt before waving for them to come with me while Tris stays behind with our four babies. 

"Mama, what's intercourse?" I can hear little Wei ask just as the three of us leave and we scurry away faster as soon as he says it. 

***

"You can not adopt the child," 

The five women of the council of elders announce as I kneel before them with Noah and Remy. We met them in their private meeting room where anyone could find them and talk or ask for advice like I often do. When I became the alpha without ever being taught by my own father, they were everything to me. Teaching me about pack morals and how to care for my people. 

"Why? I can provide a better life for him and be the father he never had. We can't let the crimson pack go to the wayside because of what that man did," I respectfully ask, hurt by their decision. 

Are they saying I'm not good enough to be his adoptive father? 

"You should know more than anyone that the God of fate works in mysterious ways and we can not get in the way of his work. The child will become your son, but not like this. In the meantime, it would be honorable of you to become a mentor to him during these dark times and rename him in our honor," Elder Natia informed me as the others nodded in agreement while sipping their tea. 

Elder Sefian puts her china teacup down on the glass side table beside her chair and stood up. Walking towards the shelves of glass jars behind her containing decades worth of spiritual clay from around the world.