Dancing With The Flames Chapter One

*Dancing With The Flames

 Chapter One:

     ‘Yes, yes, yes!’ I thought to myself.  I ran out of my living room jumping a little as I went.  I started sprinting up the stairs, but that only caused me to trip up the stairs.

“Ow…” I trailed off. 

I mean, who trips up the stairs?  Apparently me.  I got up from my uncomfortable position and went into my room.  I snatched my luggage from my closet and went through my dresser looking for clothes to pack.  I grabbed all my clothes, including shoes and accessories and raced down the stairs.  I set my luggage down by the stairs and walked into the kitchen where my parents resided.

“Mom!  Dad!  Thank you guys so, so much!  You have no idea how much this means to me!” I hugged both of them at the same time.

“Oh, honey.  It was a tough decision, but we wanted to make you happy this summer.  We know all your friends are doing this as well, so it would be no fun to be held back while all your friends have fun without you.” My mom said.

“You know your mother’s right.  We didn’t want you pissing and moaning and complaining and-” My dad started, but I cut him off.

“Okay, we get it dad!” I didn’t know if I should laugh or scowl at my dad.

“Adalyn!  Zoey, Macy and Taylor are coming to pick you up.” Mom told me.

I opened my mouth to answer but my phone started ringing. 

“Hello?” I answered.

“Hey, chica!  It’s Zoey!  We’re in front of your house right now.  Get yo ass out here!” Zoey hung up on me.

I hit end on my phone and faced my parents.

“My friends are waiting outside the house.  I guess this is good-bye?” I shrugged my shoulders while I smiled sheepishly.

Mom and dad both hugged me.  They both let go of me.

“Go, they’re waiting.” Mom waved to me.

“Bye and thanks!” I grabbed my luggage by the stairs and ran out the door.  Just as I locked the door I heard a honk.

‘Zoey’s probably driving.’ I rolled my eyes and jogged up to Zoey’s G6.  The front seat was empty.  I opened the passenger door only to hear,

“Look cheese is mold!” Zoey shouted to someone in the back seat.

“No it’s not!  Cheese is not mold.  Why?  Because it’s not green!  Mold is green!”

Another voice was heard from the backseat.

“That’s right!  Mold has to be green.”  Zoey was about to fight it but I spoke up.

“Oh my freaking god!  You guys are stupid.  Minus Zoey.” Zoey smiled smugly.  “Mold can come in any shape or color!” I folded my arms over my chest the best I could considering I had my luggage on my shoulder.

“Hey Zoe-Zoe?” I asked my best friend.

“Hmm?” She responded.

“Where do I put my luggage?” I questioned.

“Oh!” She exclaimed.  She hit the trunk release and walked me to her trunk  “Here, put your luggage in the small space I call.....my trunk!

I rolled my eyes and gently sat it down in there.  I jogged back to the front seat just as Zoey got in the drivers seat.

“You’re so lucky that I reserved the front seat for you!  Macy was going right for the front seat when I pulled her back.  Then we got in a catfight.  We were pulling on each others hair and wrestling on her front lawn.  By the way I won!” Zoey punched her hand in the air.           

“Nu uh!  I won!” Macy yelled from the back seat.

“Wait, wait.  You guys really had a fight?!” I asked in disbelieve with my eyes widened and jaw dropped.

“Nah…we just wanted to fool you.  You got punked!” Zoey pointed to me and left our house.

“Tee-hee you’re hilarious.” I replied sarcastically; my eyes rolled yet again.

Well I guess I should explain what’s going on.  My name is Adalyn and I’m going to camp with my friends Zoey, Macy and Taylor.  We are all the best of friends and knew each other since 6th grade.  We just finished our sophomore year with ease and will be heading to San Francisco Bay High School (A/N- I have no idea if this is a read school.  So…yeah I created it from off the top of my head,) for our junior year.  Taylor and Macy were going to camp for the summer.  They suggested that Zoey and I should come with them.  Zoey’s parents said that’s okay for her to go.  But I had some twisting of the arm to do with my mom and dad.  They finally let me go and that’s why I was rejoicing earlier.  So here we are, heading off to camp with my best friends.  This, will the summer of our lives!

 **********

Hello, Aerixx here!  :)  New story, in case you didn't notice.  ;)  I would be and extremely happy Aerixx if I got some feedback on this.  Should I continue?  Let me know...