Dancing With The Flames Chapter Seven

A/N: Lookie what I got!  A new chapter, enjoy my friends.  :)

    .:Chapter Seven:.

   "I hate trees," Taylor grumbled as we started up the mountain.

   Carmen had just finished explaining how the hike would work.  She explained that the first cabin who reaches the end of the mountain chain, grabs the flag and comes back wins.

   "Then why'd you come to camp?" Zoey gave her a slight glare.

   "Because you guys were going," Taylor admitted.

   "And I made her get away from Kyle," Macy chirped.

   "What is wrong with Kyle!?  I'm tired of you guys harping on him all the time!" Taylor stopped to stomp her foot on the ground.

   "Now you're acting childish.  Stomping around and throwing temper tantrums will not help.  It's not healthy to be obsessed with someone like that.  Besides Kyle is an ass.  He's constantly jumping from girl to girl and leaving them heartbroken.  We don't want you to be one of those girls Taylor," Zoey explained.

   Taylor let out a heavy sigh and inspected her nails.  "I guess you guys are right.  I overheard some kids at school saying that he gets what he wants and walks away.  But I thought I'd be the one who'd change him," Taylor trailed off.

   "I understand you like Kyle, but has he showed much interest in you?" I jumped in the conversation.

   "Not really," Taylor concluded.

   "Then there's no way you can change him.  If he liked you immensely, then maybe he'd change for you.  However, because those aren't the circumstances, he will not change his ways for a girl he does not like," I replied.

   "You know what?" Taylor's head perked up as she spoke.  "I'm done texting him.  I'm done chasing after him.  He can do the chasing if he wants, but that won't be me."

   Zoey cheered and hugged her while jumping up and down.  "I'm so proud of you!"

   I put my hand on Taylor's free shoulder and said, "You've learned well young cricket."

   Taylor laughed and turned to Macy, "Did she just say young cricket?"

   "She do!" I declared

   "And there's your answer," Macy gestured to me.

   Zoey stopped hugging Taylor when we heard something comparable to stampeding bears.

   "What is that?" Macy said, starting to freak out.

   "It sounds like a group of bears," Zoey stated.

   The noise got louder, and so did our fears of being ran over.  As the sound came closer, we all realize it wasn't a group of bears coming after us.

   "I'm going to win!" A voice shouted from afar.

   We all let out a sigh in relief, it was dipsticks from cabin nine. 

   "No I'm going to win!" Another voice proclaimed.

   As soon as they came into view, I at least was ready to face-palm myself.  The morons were running backwards and were apparently in a race.  Quickly and quietly I slipped behind Zoey to pick up a huge log that looked like it was from a Christmas tree.  Whoever was in the lead (I believe it was Mason,) was going to be in for a big surprise.  As soon as I saw it was Mason in the lead, I began to charge with the Christmas tree.

   "CHARGE!" I screamed my battle cry as I barreled in on him.

   Mason saw me coming and turned wide eyed and he turned around and began to run normally.