Chapter 17- Goodbye

I collapsed against the wall and winced in pain as I glared up at Toga. "Wh... Why are y-you doing this?"
  "Because, little Phoenix," she purred as she crouched next to me. "You helped hill all of them. And, you're always so happy. After you're gone, I'll kill your little birdie boyfriend."
  She walked over to Tokoyami and kicked his unconscious body.
  "Stop-"I choked out. She looked over to me and stuck her tongue out at me. She pulled out a knife, ready to stab me when a bullet went through her hip. She fell and screamed in pain before cursing and crawling away.
  I looked over and saw Momo holding a gun. She ran over to me and sat next to me, and she started making medical supplies.
  "Don't worry Izzy, you'll be okay. I just... I just need to..."
  I grabbed her wrist and shook my head. My vision was starting to blur, and I was growing increasingly tired.
  "You can't leave me," she said, crying. "I need you... You're my best friend and-"she looked away and wiped her tears. She looked back to me and smiled sadly. "I know, I know. I have to be strong. I love you, Izzy."
  "I love you too," I gasped. I pointed to the door where Toga emerged from earlier and looked at Momo with pleading eyes. "Naomasa."
  "I'll find him, just hang on a little longer," she said before getting up and running inside.
  I learned my head back against the wall and closed my eyes. I felt a hand against mine and opened my eyes to see Tokoyami looking at me, crying.
  "I know you won't be okay," he said. "But for a few minutes, hang in there, please."
  I nodded my head and looked him over.
  He chuckled and shook his head. "I'm fine. Only minor injuries."
  A few seconds later Momo came running out with Naomasa at her heels. He crouched next to me and pulled me into a hug.
  "I love you Izzy. Thank you for being my daughter," he said through tears. If I could talk, I'd have said I loved him back. But I just couldn't. "It's okay, sweetie. Rest. You've done plenty."
  I smiled at him one last time before closing my eyes. And they never opened again.

Tv News Report: Last night, the number six hero Phoenix was murdered by former League of Villains member Himiko Toga. Her funeral will be held one week from today.

The end

(I would like to apologize but... It had to be done.... Hope you liked it! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))