Chapter 21

When Hoseok opened his eyes again, he was no longer in Jae - Prometheus's home. It was a familiar, white room, with an iron lock around his wrists. The only difference is, there was a huge window opposite him, and someone was watching him on the other side.

"Prometheus!" Anger filled him once his mind pieced together what had happened to him. "How dare you betray me?!"

Jaegyu's face was stony cold as he pressed the button for the microphone.

"I don't answer to you anymore, Zeus," Jaegyu growled. "I never did."

"No! You-"

"That's the problem!" Jaegyu snapped, his eyes blazing. "you never think that you're wrong! You only think of your own, selfish gain.

"You want to know something, Zeus? The world doesn't revolve around you. It might have, once, but no longer. Your ego is the one that doesn't want to accept it. And look where it got you."

Hoseok stared, wide-eyed and disbelieving. His gaze travelled downwards onto the floor as he became too numb to take in anything.

Hold on. When did I become Zeus himself?

These past few days, he had been thinking like Zeus and doing every action following his train of thought. He could hardly remember how to think like himself.

In the end, was the anger he was feeling even his? Or was it Zeus' memories and emotions just bleeding into his own?

"I will not kill you yet," Jaegyu continued, his gaze hard. "only because the Olympians will come and rescue you, and only then can I kill you all."

"No!" Hoseok exclaimed, horrified. "Jaegyu, please, you're my friend. Please don't do this."

Jaegyu narrowed his eyes. "You were never my friend, Zeus," For a moment, his eyes held a glimmer of sad tears. "Hoseok, you're a good man."

Hoseok widened his eyes as he heard Jaegyu's voice crack while mentioning his name. For a moment, hope filled him as he watched Jaegyu intently.

His eyes hardened, and his expression became cold again. "If only a monster hadn't reincarnated into you."

With that, Jaegyu left the room. Hoseok took in a deep breath, wondering if words had already been wasted on his friend. Could he even call him a friend? Wasn't Prometheus the one he was talking to all this while? Had he truly known Jaegyu at all?

Lightning crackled from his fingertips as he tried to unlock the cuffs. No use. He cranked it up, the whole room now bursting with energy and lightning. But the cuffs remained stubbornly secure around his wrists.

Amidst all this chaos, two men dressed in black had stepped into the room. Hoseok's instincts activated and immediately sent a bolt of lightning towards them.

Still no use. They remained unfazed behind their strange metal masks.

"How can you-"

"Our suits are lined with non-conductors of electricity," One explained, revealing a bat that he had been holding. "now it is time to face your punishment."

For the next 30 minutes, Hoseok endured the beating of his lifetime. His lightning rendered useless against their suits and the cuffs. They had probably modified them after they had observed him a long time ago when he just found out about his powers.

Mentally and physically exhausted, Hoseok passed out after that. But when he did, he did not expect to meet the person he least wanted to see.

He was standing in a black void as he scowled at the person in front of him, trying not to snap immediately.

"We need to talk." Hoseok began coldly.

Zeus stared back, his glare holding an equal amount of intensity.