Chapter 12

"-ude? You hear me?"

Hoseok let out a small groan as he came to, his head throbbing painfully. His vision was filled with stars from the agony as he tried to blink it away.

Jaegyu was peering at him, waving a hand in front of his face. "Hey, man. You alright there?How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling superb." Hoseok said hoarsely. His friend handed him a glass of water and helped him sit up.

"I tried my best," Jaegyu told him, touching the bandages that were wrapped around his forehead, causing his hair to flop over it. "But it will do for now. I didn't know whether to bring you to a hospital - you seemed pretty banged up-"

"No hospital," Hoseok cut him off quickly. At Jaegyu's curious look, he sighed, "They won't believe my story. And you probably won't too."

Jaegyu squinted at him. "Yeah, if you tell me a weird story, I'd probably think it's your imagination," He stood and crossed his arms. "But you're taking up space in my home, and I want to know why, no matter how ridiculous a story you can come up with."

Hoseok glared at him, his godly temper rearing its head for a minute, but Jaegyu looked serious, and a little worried. If he was Jaegyu, he would probably be taken aback by a friend showing up at his door bleeding. He could imagine what was running through his head. And all of them were scenarios that involved the police.

"Fine, fine." He sighed and began to tell his story. Jaegyu listened impassively, his expression changing to scornful disbelief at the end.

"Wow, you really are ridiculous," Jaegyu snorted. "Seriously? You're a reincarnated god? Where did you get that from? Wattpad?"

Hoseok rolled his eyes and tried to control his temper. "I told you my story, and I'm sticking with it."

Jaegyu gave him a weird glance. "You know, this is the first time you're not so...sunshine-y. Hope-y."

"Hope-y." Hoseok repeated blankly.

"Hey, at least it conveys the message."

Rubbing his head, Hoseok slumped in defeat after internalising what his friend had said. "You're right. I'm trying to find this group of specific people. You know, the other gods?"

He ignored the dry chuckle from Jaegyu and continued, "But the thing is, they could be anywhere, and I don't know where to find them. Not to mention I have a target on my back...and it's likely they have one too."

"Maybe I can help you," Jaegyu said after a heartbeat's pause. Hoseok looked at him in shock. He rolled his eyes, "Yeah, yeah, you didn't know that about me. Truth is, I can do a lot of things. And one of those things can be done with a computer."

"So you can...search for them?"

"I'll search for any strange activities. Like anyone who showed a sign of superpower. Any specifics?"

Hoseok squinted, trying to recall his godly memories in his aching head. "Not really, but I remember the gods who were reincarnated. My two brothers, Poseidon and Hades, my children, Hermes, Ares and Athena...as well as Aphrodite."

Jaegyu let out an impressed whistle as he turned on the computer that was nearby. "Wow, you do have a lot of children. Didn't you have many affairs back in the day-"

"That wasn't me!" He said quickly, his cheeks suddenly red from embarrassment. "I mean, it was me, but not in that way. You get it?"

"Mmhmm. You're a human but you're actually a mouse."

He glared a hole at the back of Jaegyu's head. "What I'm saying is that, Zeus is part of my consciousness, while the other is Hoseok. I'm still Hoseok, but with Zeus' memories and abilities. I'm not exactly the god himself."

Jaegyu didn't answer, busily typing at his computer and too distracted to listen to his explanation. Hoseok let out a frustrated groan.

"Hey, panini head, are you listening to me?"

"Yeah, yeah, Gordon," Jaegyu waved a hand dismissively. "I can't find anything about your gods on any social media platform. Maybe they just figured out their powers?"

"Maybe." Hoseok agreed, deflating. Was he never going to find his Olympians? If only he had eyes in the sky that could search for them, but those days were long gone.

An idea suddenly popped into his head, making him brighten. Jaegyu, who was watching him carefully, mockingly hissed like a vampire that was touched by sunlight.

"I got an idea," Hoseok turned to him, his gaze hopeful. "But we'll need a few birds."