People Aren't Who They Say They Are

Harry P.O.V.

Somehow I ended up at Louis door. I stood there staring at it, my duffel bag hung limply by my side. I was afraid to knock. What would Louis say? How will he react? I’d cut everyone out so I could focus on Niall, just on Niall. They deserved it for how they acted, I’m not saying they didn’t, but still I worried. They were my best friends, surely they will understand, especially Louis. It was this way of thinking that finally made me knock firmly on the door. Not a few second later, the door opened revealing Louis, dressed in his pyjamas, hair dishevelled from lying on his side.

“Harry? What are you doing here?” he asked, surprised by my unannounced appearance.

“I ah-,” I stopped, looking down at my shoes. “Can I come in?”

“Of course you can,” he said, stepping aside so I could move past him and into his apartment.

I set my bag down next to the couch and took a seat. Louis walked over and sat on the chair opposite me. He leaned forward, placing his elbows on his thighs and looked at me.

“So why are you here, Harry? And why do you have a bag?” he asked it in a tone that sounded as if he already knew the answer to his question.

“I needed a place to crash,” I said, looking down at my hands in my lap. I looked back up at Louis. “I broke up with Niall.” A lump formed in my throat as I said it.

“Oh Harry, I’m so sorry,” he said, getting up and coming to sit beside me. He placed a hand on my shoulder, as a sort of comfort. “What happened?”

“He cheated on me, with Liam. I knew they had kissed, and I knew Niall was scared that something would happen, because he still has feelings for Liam, but I didn’t think that it actually would,” I paused a moment to collect myself. “You called me and said to meet at Liam’s place, so I went over there, and I saw them, naked as they finished with each other,” I looked over at Louis, he had a look in his eye, a look that I couldn’t quite place and was not a hundred percent sure I could trust. A little voice in my head was telling me that he knew he knew exactly what I was talking about and why I was here. He was playing dumb. But Louis is my best friend, he wouldn’t do that to me, so I pushed the voice to the back of my mind.

“Harry, I am so sorry that that happened,” he said, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me against him.

“So can I stay here for a while, until I sort some things out? I didn’t have anywhere else to go,” I said, into his shoulder.

He pulled back, and looked me right in the eye. “Of course you can Harry, take as long as you need. You can sleep in the spare bedroom; it’s already made up,”

I pulled completely out of his embrace and stood up. Grabbing my one bag I started to make my way to the spare bedroom.

“Harry, I’m here for you,” I turned around, nodding my thanks. “Always,” floated after me as I entered the bedroom.

Why did that one sentence, convince me that he knew more than he was letting on. That he knew something I didn’t and was unwilling to share. For the moment I couldn’t bring myself to care, as I shut the door, dropped my bag and collapsed on the bed.

*A few days later*

I haven’t heard one word from Liam or Niall. Not one word. Not even one attempt to contact me, even though I would refuse to listen, from the guy who claims to love me. Have I crossed his mind? Does he wonder where I went, if I’m even okay and not sleeping on some park bench somewhere? No, he knows I would go to Louis’, but that’s no excuse. Has he gone back to Liam? Is that why I haven’t heard from him? It’s not like I care anyway. He cheated on me. He’s out of my mind. I’m not spending every moment of my time thinking about him. It’s not like I’m sitting on Louis’ couch, staring blankly at a re run of friends that I’ve seen a thousand times on the TV, and indulging in a lot more food then I should be. No I’m Harry Edward fucking Styles admired and desired by men and women everywhere. But even so, that’s exactly what I’ve been doing the last few days. I feel like absolute shit.