1.

Today is a busy day, between packing and getting my college books organized, I barley remembered to take a break

Today is a busy day, between packing and getting my college books organized, I barley remembered to take a break. Lounging in my desk chair for the first time in what seemed like hours, I looked through my high school year book, and quickly avoiding the photo of me, I couldn't dare take a peek. Was i really that nerdy? Shaking my head and tossing it across the room, away from all the boxes. Fall is finally here and everyone is rushing to finish packing and head off to their new adventure awaiting them. Yay.
Why wasn't I excited? After working all summer on my families strawberry farm to pay tuition, and my sudden "glow up," as my little sister Eun-Jun calls it, I'm finally been able to start packing for university.

"Kim Taehyung!" I could hear my sisters voice from a mile away. "Come downstairs!"

"Ugh! Eun-Jun I'm packing what is it?" Picking up the thrown yearbook, glancing at the page it landed on. It was a note written from Jeon Jungkook, the schools rebel, he tormented me for my entire high school career. It read:

"Have a great summer loser. No one will miss you."

I can remember that day like the back of my hand, Jungkook grabbed the glasses off my face and tossed them to his friends as he slammed his palms on my desk.

"Hey nerd. It's the end of our senior year, and you know what I'm going to miss the most?" I dared not to look at him. When I didn't answer he laughed, it's chilling sound rang throughout the classroom. "It's the fact that I can't use you as my cheat sheet and my punching bag anymore." Grabbing my yearbook and writing those words. He threw it back at me along with my glasses and walked out.

I can still hear his combat boots walking out the door, as he slung his back pack over his shoulder, adjusting his hair with the other

Finally looking at my senior portrait all I saw was a cheeky kid with big round glasses staring back at me. I hadn't changed much, my growth spurt hit me later than most. Growing into my ears, my face being more angled after losing weight working on the farm, I settled for contact, and shooting up to being a good 5'10, I couldn't argue. My hair dyed a darker brown, thanks to Eun-Jun who is studying cosmetology; I wouldn't say I'm handsome, but I'm definitely not the same kid from a year ago. I've built confidence, and I owe it all to Jimin. He's my best friend, and I wouldn't have made it through high school without him.

Something vibrating caught my attention, where did I leave my phone? Rummaging through the random things on my bed following the sound, I finally found my phone under a pile of old photos.

"Jimin-ah!" Speaking of the devil, "where are you? I thought you were going to help me pack?"

"Ah- Taehyung-ah I am on the way RIGHT NOW, I got caught up at dance practice, Hobi-hyung has been on our asses about this performance," I could hear him shuffling trying to get his things together. You smile. "I'll be there in 5!" Click.

Jimin was always late, whether it's because he forgot the time or he simply overslept. How could I describe Jimin? He was absolutely breathtaking! His lips were plump and full, he was shorter than me ever since I could remember; at one point I called him my little "mochi" or "fairy". The last time I saw Jimin was last week and he had just dyed his hair pink, and he looked absolutely amazing with it.
Remembering the snap chat, I had made it my wallpaper to always remember him while I am gone.

I couldn't deny that at one point of high school, Jimin used to make my heart race

I couldn't deny that at one point of high school, Jimin used to make my heart race. He was incredible, popular; when we were together, our classmates didn't see me, they only saw Jimin. We would hide in the art room just so we could have a decent conversation, and every Friday night, he would skip the football games and parties to be with me watching whatever dorky show or movie I could think of. He was absolutely perfect, but he didn't like me in that way; he had many girlfriends. One thing I know about Jimin, was that he is my rock; Jungkook didn't try to bother me with Jimin around.

A knock at the door pulled me out of my train of thought, before I could answer, in waltzes Jimin.

"I'm so sorry I'm late love, you know how Hobi is! Such a perfectionist, I swear sometimes I just want to slap him!" He flings himself on my bed. Rolling to his side, head propped up on his arm he looks me up and down. "Tae-"

"What?"

"Did I ever mention you look hot now?" He smirks as he sees my face flushing red. "Aw Taehyung-ah! Don't be shy, it's a compliment! You are definitely going to pull guys in college. My work was cut out for me, but my finished product is astounding."

If only you saw me that way earlier. "Alright, I appreciate the compliment, but I still have half a room to pack and I have to be on the road to Seoul in-" checking my watch, I freeze. "Holy shit! I have to go in an hour! Hurry up, come on!"

"Okay! Okay! Let's get to work!" Jimin jumps off the bed and starts organizing things into boxes.
We're cracking jokes, laughing, and reminiscing on the old times. If I'm going to miss anything about my old life, it's going to be Jimin.
I could feel my eyes stinging as tears threatened to come out as I glance at him, talking away and smiling, I quickly brush off the feeling. I'm officially starting over, in a place no one knows me, no one knows my past. What more could I ask for?

Until- I saw him.

Hey everyone! This is my first time using wattpad and writing an au! Please don't hesitate to comment! I love receiving feedback, and I hope you all are liking it so far! 🥰