Chapter 5 - Boys, boys and more boys

“Hey Sophie! Come in!” Nash opens the door for me and I step into their house. Hayes runs down the stairs and we embrace. Nash sees us and deicdes to turn it into a group hug.

“Come upstairs, otherwise Nash will be annoying as hell.” He tells me and we go to his bedroom.

“Who am I meeting then?”

“Just some friends of mine and Nash's. You'll like them, trust me.”

I hear the door open downstairs and the house is filled with deep, male voices.

“Nash! My bro!”

“Where's young Hayes?”

“Hey Mrs. Grier!” Following Hayes down the stairs, I see the entrance hall is filled with boys. As I look closer I realise, not just any boys, but all of the magcon boys. Cam, Carter, Matt, Jack J, Jack G, Aaron, Shawn and... Taylor. Oh my god, I am such an idiot.

“Hayes... I need to tell you something.”

“What?”

“Um... I kinda saw you talking to Taylor Caniff on your phone and thought he was a girl... That's why I thought you had a girlfriend.”

“Seriously? You doof!” He laughs at me and I blush.

“Hey look Hayes got himself a lady friend!” Cam shouts up at us, making me blush even more.

“Who's your girly friend then Haas?” Carter says grinning.

“Guys this is Sophie. She's my best friend not, and I stress not, my girlfriend.”

“Hey, what are you tryna say?” I say cheekily and the boys laugh. Thank god I made a good impression. Alyssa and Kaitlyn are gonna be so jealous.

...

We are now all lounging around on garden chairs outside, the boys discussing magcon.

“Hey Sophie did you come to any of the shows?”

“Nah, I didn't have the money.” I say, but, in reality, I didn't realise they were so famous.

“Oh shame. Hey you should come to our next show. Free of charge?” Cam says sweetly.

“Aww thanks!” I say and lie back in my chair to catch some rays.