30~The Microwave of Doom

Start from the beginning

Jimin had somehow managed to squish himself under the sideboard while Hoseok and Taehyung were taking shelter beneath the dining table. Yoongi had skittered behind the curtains, flinching at every loud pop of the corn from within the microwave.

And where was your beloved bath bomb this entire time one might ask?

Clinging to your legs on the ground and yelling to "terminate the beast" and how he would "repent for all his transgressions" if only you'd turn it off.

It was a solid minute of utter silence after the long tone of the microwave signaling it finished before anyone even moved.

First Jungkook cautiously peeled himself off your legs while Taehyung and Hoseok cautiously poked their heads out from under the tables. After a couple more seconds Yoongi and Jimin also came into visibility.

"You really like to put the dick in dictatorship don't you?" Yoongi grumbled at you.

"And you really like to put the dick into anything, don't you?" You retorted.

He winced. "No need to make it personal," he muttered.

Ignoring him, you opened the microwave (noting how every single demigod flinched at the pop of the door swinging open) and grabbed the steaming popcorn bag. You held it out to them. "Dinner is served."

"Rock, paper, scissors on who has to touch that!" Hoseok immediately burst out.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴

[Jungkook's POV]
Jungkook quietly observed the living room. The demigods were still munching on the golden puff balls Y/N called "popcorn". The young Mortal herself was sprawled on the couch, head thrown back and eyes closed from obvious exhaustion.

Part of him longed to go to her and curl up with her, hugging her tightly against him in the position which had become a familiar comfort to him.

But no, he had something to do first.

Wordlessly and slowly, so as not to draw anyone's attention, he backed away from the living room and headed down the hallway to the bathroom. Closing the door behind him he halted in front of the— what did Y/N call it again?— toilet, arms crossed as he briefly envisioned his destination.

He grimaced at the tiny amount of water before reaching down. Immediately the water in the bowl shot up at his command and then darkness enveloped around him. It felt like ice had pierced under his skin and was spreading everywhere. He felt the very darkness around him shudder and sputter.

Maybe Y/N was right. Toilet teleportation was not ideal considering the lack of water in it.

Thankfully it was all over soon and Jungkook felt himself stumbling on hard tile floors again. Harsh fluorescent lights swung above him. He winced and lifted a hand as his sensitive sniffer was sabotaged by the smell of chemicals.

At least he knew he was in the right place now.

Cautiously he stepped out of the bathroom and into the hospital hallway. At this time later at night there weren't as many Mortals in white jackets milling around.

Trying to recall which room from earlier he padded down the hall, turning a couple times uncertainly. He stiffened when a woman in a pale green uniform passed him, but thankfully she merely shot him a quizzical look before continuing on.

Finally he arrived in front of a door. It looked identical to all the other rooms lining the hallway, but something in his gut told him this was the room.

Quietly, he opened the door and slipped in. The smell of chemicals in this room was almost unbearable, making Jungkook's eyes water a little. But he pressed on; a sullen determination settling in him when the image of Y/N's tear streaked face flashed through his mind.

He froze when he entered the room. At the far wall was Y/N's mother sitting in a chair. When she didn't move Jungkook cautiously padded further into room. Upon closer examination he realized that the mother was slouched, dead asleep.

He exhaled in relief. That was good. He just hoped she stayed asleep until he was finished. Thinking for a few seconds Jungkook crossed the floor and took a spare blanket on a tiny chair next to the mother before unfolding it and gently laid it across the woman.

With that complete he turned and stood at the edge of the bed where the father was laying. So pale, so frail and delicate as all Mortals were. Jungkook took a deep breath, closing his eyes, and reached out towards the fragile Mortal, summoning all his strength and abilities.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶